Amelia Halter Top Crochet Pattern Release

Thanks Melissa! I've pulled an all-nighter just getting this pattern done. Between finalizing the pattern, making PDF's, putting out the newsletter, making new avatars and banners, and setting up the shopping cart for PayPal, I'm BEAT! Off to bed!

I checked my PayPal account and was happy to find out I had enough to buy the pattern :yay! I've just downloaded it and printed it out! :D

Now to see if I can convince Loving Husband that I need to acquire the amount of Paton Grace so I can make it. I'm sure it won't be too hard to convince him since it is rather sexy :P.

Now, what color to make it in?

~ Lori

Thanks ladies! I appreciate you taking the time to comment!

Lori, when I designed this top, I also had Patons Grace in mind. It has a very similar feel to the chosen yarn and it works up nicely too.

For anyone else considering it but might be intersted in veering from the pattern, here are a couple ideas I had but didn't go with were:

-use one color for the main body and cup and an alternate color for the edging (like black and ecru, or a pale violet and a plum)

-my mother wanted me to use beads in the picot stitching. I still think that would have looked great!

I can't wait to see what you all do with this pattern. ;-)

You're welcome! I'm excited that I just learned a little about how to use Illustrator so that I could include 3 illustrations in the pattern. You can see two of them on my blog, although I did wind up tweeking the color for the final copy of the PDF:

http://nexblog.mycrochetblog.com/?p=77

At the end of the document, there are easy printing instructions too. That way, if you don't want to use up your ink cartridge printing out the step by steps, you can use the black and white copy. So it might look like overkill at first, but us crocheters are cost conscientious and would rather spend our money on yarn and not expensive ink. ;-)

Thanks ladies!

Crochetrae - I had coverage in mind when I was designing it, for sure. I had actually finished it and decided to frog it because the coverage on the top wasn't enough to make me feel comfortable. It HAD to be beautiful AND practical. In the end, I'm glad I frogged.

Archived