Fan Book-mark

cupcake

img71770hm.jpg

The popularity of little guy still amazes me as people frequently email me for the pattern. As this is now buried somewhere in the thread section ( :) ) I thought I would post a link here to my blog that has the full instructions in both Australian / English, and American terms.

http://crochetroo.blogspot.com/2006/05/fan-bookmark.html

Enjoy!

Thank you Cupcake for sharing your pattern! You're a real sweetheart!

I can't wait to make several of these for charity purposes.

Hugs :hug :hug

It's a beautiful pattern. I've made several and given them away. Joked the other day w/ some friends that its bad when you have done 1 pattern so much that you can do it w/o looking at the pattern directions,lol. Thank you for sharing it.

Sandy

I have the pattern memorized, too! I've done them in soild and variegated, but the multis are my favorites. I add two more fans when I make them, that seems to balance it out better (just my own opinion).

• 3 weeks later...

:lol Sunday at church I saw a friend with this bookmark in her scriptures. She most definitely does NOT crochet. She is a knitter (I know because I taught her.) I know she has another friend who crochets, and must have gotten it as a gift from her. I thought it was neat. I love the pattern.

Stitchinpick

There's an old Bernat pattern book for shawls, called "All Shawls" that uses a VERY similar fan pattern to edge one of the shawls.

I never thought of using that pattern stitch to make a bookmark, but I have considered turning it into a scarf.

There's a picture of the book with the shawl with the fan edging on this (ENDED) eBay auction. 3rd picture. Great book if you can find it.

http://tinyurl.com/l2p2r

Great Job on the bookmark Cupcake!!

It is a lovely pattern. I received some of them as donations for my bookmarks-to-shut-ins ministry and they were so very much appreciated by the seniors.

:lol Sunday at church I saw a friend with this bookmark in her scriptures. She most definitely does NOT crochet. She is a knitter (I know because I taught her.) I know she has another friend who crochets, and must have gotten it as a gift from her. I thought it was neat. I love the pattern.

Stitchinpick

Isnt that interesting. Funny how things get arround. It is always nice to see people using things they have been given. It pleases me that this pattern has been such a hit.

• 4 months later...

Archived