BoRap Purse

Yammy

This is an original design by me ... I wanted something bright and funky to go with my more bohemian type clothes. I kept the lining very basic and easy by just buying felt squares for .20 each and sewing them together. It looks harder then it is to make. I'm going to make another in blues and purples.

DSCF0174.jpg

DSCF0173.jpg

DSCF0164.jpg

Thanks ladies!

I came up with the idea for the felt because the work is so open and I wanted something similar in texture to the yarn to show though. I stitched it very securely so I think with normal wear and tear it should be very durable.

And I called it Bohemian Rapsody hence the BoRap... after one of my favorite Queen songs :D

I got it done and lined it with the felt just like the other one.

I managed to get a better pic by taking it outside in natural light as well, so the colors appear much clearer.

DSCF0186.jpg

absolutely gorgeous .. and I love that stitch pattern!!! Great job .. My local dollar store has packs of felt .. I'm going to have to go get some. You do beautiful work

Oh now I HAVE to make one like that for me! Those are beautiful!!!! I love the felt idea!!! Was that worked in the round or 2 rectangles??

crikey gee they are fabulous! I just love the yarn and the stitch and the colours galore!:D

Oh now I HAVE to make one like that for me! Those are beautiful!!!! I love the felt idea!!! Was that worked in the round or 2 rectangles??

Two rectangles, close in size to the felt squares. I got the idea for the type of stitch here.

I am really liking the felt, it gives the bag a bit of stiffness. In the pictures the color of the felt is still a bit off.

Archived