Crochet Fantasy Magazine - does it still exist

luckybmr

I have been searching the book stores for a new issue of Crochet Fantasy Magazine that was supposed to be available in March. Can't find it. The web site is of no help. I sent them an email and no reply. I have the Winter 2005 issue and it was great. Wanted to get another before deciding to subscribe. There are tooooo few crochet magazines out there. thanks.

yes they do still exist, i get them in the mail, i will try and find you guys one if ya want. i think another one is coming out in june so that might be why its hard to find them. i hope that i have helped:hug :hug

I know this magazine was revamped. It used to come out every other month, and I think it only comes out 4 times a year now, and I'm pretty sure it is a subscription thing. I may be thinking of the wrong magazine, but I think it is this one.

I rang them and they said the Spring issue will come out this month.

I have been searching the book stores for a new issue of Crochet Fantasy Magazine that was supposed to be available in March. Can't find it. The web site is of no help. I sent them an email and no reply. I have the Winter 2005 issue and it was great. Wanted to get another before deciding to subscribe. There are tooooo few crochet magazines out there. thanks.

(edit: rang=phone in Aussie)

Thanks so much. I'll wait. I'm actually going on vacation soon to Lake Tahoe, which is where I got my original issue. Maybe they'll have it there. If not, I'll call the publisher and see if they can send me a "free" issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I called the 800 number today (finally had time) and the SPRING 2006 issue is STILL at the printers. They could not tell me when it would be available. I asked about getting a sample copy when it is available and they would not send one. Said I would have to subscribe. Told them I don't want to subscribe to a magazine that does not stick to its' published publishing schedule. I am very leary about spending my money on something that may not arrive. They really didn't seem to care. So, I guess I will be watching for it in the store and buying it only from the store until I am more comfortable that they really are going to publish. Thanks for all your replies and happy crocheting!

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone received their magazine yet? I subscribed last year - I love the patterns but there is always something wrong with the patterns I pick out...don't think I will re-up subscription!

I am glad you said that because I had been considering a subscription and if they have publishing issues and pattern errors I don't think I will subscribe! :(

I called the 800 number today (finally had time) and the SPRING 2006 issue is STILL at the printers. They could not tell me when it would be available. I asked about getting a sample copy when it is available and they would not send one. Said I would have to subscribe. Told them I don't want to subscribe to a magazine that does not stick to its' published publishing schedule. I am very leary about spending my money on something that may not arrive. They really didn't seem to care. So, I guess I will be watching for it in the store and buying it only from the store until I am more comfortable that they really are going to publish. Thanks for all your replies and happy crocheting!

Right after someone took over ownership last year, they were seriously affected by Hurricane Katrina. Financially, I believe it was devastating. But, the owner is trying to get them back up on their feet. It doesn't look like they're going anywhere; just late. I'm sure everything will come together as time heals.

Gee - if they would have only said something when I called (and I am sure when others called), that would have explained it. They offerred no explanation - I would think they would want to explain that they were affected by the hurricanes. I could certainly understand that.

Lisaizme - you got yours? - Great! - I will be looking in the stores like crazy now!

Lisa, was yours a current one? I just got mine in the mail, and noticed an ad for the summer issue, so I looked at the front, and it's a Spring 2005 issue. I'm a little upset about this right now, even with the free (?) knitting book...I don't know how to knit.

Ok, got an email back, it was a typo, and on the inside it does say 2006. Breathe!

Yes, mine is current. On the outside it does say Spring 2005, but on the page with the index it reads in big pink and green letters, Spring 2006. And it has things I haven't seen before (except for 1 item from the Debbie Stoller book).

Some of the features are:

Coats & Clark.. then & now (shows an updated older pattern)

Tunisian Mitered Square

Book Reviews & Gadgets

Lucet Braiding

and

Maire Treanor - Practitioner and Advocate for the Irish Legacy of Crochet.

I seem to remember that when the winter issue was so delayed.. they sent a letter out with the magazine explaining that the two Hurricanes, Katrina & Rita, had put a big stress on the printing industry. And that the printer they used was having to take on some of the jobs normally done by print shops ruined or made inoperable by the Hurricanes. Therefore, everything was pushed back a little.

Good things come to those that wait. :D

Anyways.. I see patterns for two shrugs, two short cardigans, a vest, a bikini, 3 tops, 3 kids patterns, two hats, 1 vest, 2 afghans and several odds & ends. Should be enough here to make most everyone happy. And has models both thin and fluffy.. yeah!!! Only thing I see seriously lacking is no mens patterns. And no doilies.

i too saw that, i laughed when i saw that, thought hmmmm odd, wonder what happened. i had forgotten that they said that it was delayed. i love this issue. i see so many things i want to make.:yes :yes :yes :yes i was glad when i had renewed and they honored it.

I just received mine in the mail also. Will we get the summer issue in January or so? :lol It was a really good issue. I did enjoy it very much. Well worth the wait.

Linda:manyheart

Has anyone seen the new issue in the stores? I checked at Borders and the grocery store and they don't have it. Going to try JoAnn's this weekend.

I saw it at Borders but to be honest, I wasn't really all that impressed. There was a pretty sweater and I thought the idea of the mitered tunisian crochet was interesting. But it didn't impress me enough to want to buy it. And I wonder if the September 2005 date is causing some stores not to carry it? (I do think they should have been more careful with their proofreading. It did take long enough to come out.)

I found it today at JoAnn's. I am making myself wait to look at it....two weeks worth of laundry to fold, vac, dust, dog longingly wanting to play. I'm thinking if I teach him (the dog) how to crochet, then we can crochet together and he will be occupied. :devil

Archived