Sunflower Glass Cover

jaclim

I've been meaning to make one like this for a few months already and finally got around to making one this morning. Made with size 10 cotton thread and #7 steel hook. The doily pattern is from 101 Small Doilies #99. The beaded dangles are all glass beads. I made this for my grandma. :D

th_Sunflowerglasscover2.jpg

th_Sunflowerglasscover.jpg

Oh, is that ever neat! This probably sounds so naive of me, but I have actually never seen a crocheted glass cover before. I am really impressed by both the beautiful design, as well as the idea of this lovely cover! I really love the dangling beads. Boy, I never cease to be amazed by all the wonderfully interesting creativity of everyone here. Thank you so much for sharing your photos.

Thank you for your compliments, ladies! :D Actually, the idea for this came from watching a local tv series that has these beautiful crocheted items and 1 of them was this glass cover with beaded dangles. ;) Theirs was done in all white though. I wanted one that had more color. I'm planning to make another one with a different flower this time. :hook

Great idea! I have heard of and seen some patterns for bowl covers, never thought about using the same ideas for glasses.

Lovely design-- I really like the dangling beads, they add a lot.

:turtle Turtleheart :turtle

Lovely Jackie! I've never seen one before. Is this an accessory that is used at luncheons? I was wondering how it was used. Is it to keep insects out of the drink? :think (Sorry. I guess I don't attend many formal affairs!)

Hi Roli! When I saw one of these at the tv series, they were used mainly to cover their drinks in any mealtime. Sometimes I see them use if for breakfast to cover a glass of water, then at lunch or dinner but always to cover a glass with a stem usually a glass for water. I think it's used to keep away flies as we live in a tropical clime. :-)

They are so pretty and I think that the beads may actually help to keep them in place. There has been more than one occasion when I accidentally almost swallowed a bee along with my drink!:lol Thanks for the info Jackie.

Archived