Mile-A-Minute CAL

barbn77

Thanks, everyone. I'm definitely out, though. For now, anyway...I just found the cutest granny square pattern for a baby afghan so I'm going to do that for the shower, instead. I'm still interested in doing a MAM, but it's going to be put on hold until I have one of my projects finished.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in! I already started a MAM this will help me stick to it and finish! My pattern is in the Leisure Arts booklet "Beginner's Guide: MAM Afghans" # 75010 its the Sculptured Shells pattern. My color (its a solid) is Bernat medium navy. I have one strip done so far and a second started.:hook

Traci

Stacy - Sorry to see you not joining us in the MAM.... But I for one "admire" your "courage" and "strength" to be able to "bow out". I for onw have not got the will power to say no! LOL! I hope that you continue to drop in and check us out!?!:manyheart

Denny - Your MAM is beautiful! Very bright! I think Yellow would continue to brighten and blue would blend in more..... so if Your asking me .... I would do the yellow!

I still haven't found time to work on my MAM.... what do you ask???? How 'bout the time I am on this computer? Hmmmmmmm .... I guess I should get off and get to work!

Later Ladies!

Jackie and Barb: I think my choice is going to be yellow. I agree that the blue would blend in too much, and the yellow will brighten it up. Thanks for the input.:)

Traci~ Welcome to the group!

I haven't done too much work on my MAM lately, but hopefully I'll be able to work on it while the kids play outside this afternoon. There's nothing like sitting in the sun while crocheting. :hook

Hi I think I will try doing a MAM as well. How many strips is everyone doing?????? This should be FUN!!!!!! I hope mine turns out!

Good Morning ladies!

Barb - I love your purple! And I love black with anything! it has a way of making everything look distinctive. I really like the way you joined them too! I looked at crochetdude's site and I think i may have to try something similar with joining mine!

Traci - Did you get you next strip done? I can't wait to see a pic of it.....

CrochetRN - Can't wait to see what you pick out for pattern and yarn!

I think that the pic are the most fun to see in these forums... (well OK besides yaking!) It is soooooo cool to see colors put togather that I would have never dreamed of putting togather.... We are so limited to our own preferences that it is hard to think out of the box at times! It helps me to get a little funkier when I see someone elses imagination at work!

Yep, got it done and joined!:hook The joining was a PIA...:yell I had to rip back the last half of my round 4 because I misread the pattern...ugh, you join as you go on this one and I finished out the pattern then went to join it and ... GRRRRR! :thair It was kind of confusing to me I've never done a project this big or a MAM, but once I figured out what to do it was a snap! I'll have to borrow a digital camera from my friend to get a pic. It's a dark color so I may have to play with it a bit to get it where you can see it very well.I'm so glad I joined this board and this CAL! I KNOW I would have thrown down that strip had I not had to "answer" (LOL) to you guys...;)

I love that way of joining too, it's sooooo much faster and i like how it looks lacey, i joined my 63 afghan like that too (well it's only 4 sq. x 5 sq.) my sis seen it and wanted one that size for the computer chair so i joined them that way to make it seem a little bigger and i also put a border on it :)

Hubby picked out purple and black, he's wanted a purple/black blanket for almost a year but all the purples i seen were very pinkish and it seemed too girlyfor him and as soon as i seen the dk. plum color i told him he can finally have his blanket lol:yay

Hey Barb... I am wondering... how do you go about putting a picture right on your message rather than putting just a sink on it? I am kind of new to the picture thing. I am just barely starting to figure out my blog. I love computers... but feel like I am out of touch with it! So I was asking because I don't totally understand all the lingo in the places where they have instructions.... I wish they had like "instructions for dummies" for both the picture thing and the blogs.

Jackie -- I use Photobucket for my pics....once you've uploaded the pic to photobucket, right under the pic, and above the codes already there, will be a box beside the pic name, check mark it, than scroll to the bottom of the screen and there will be a button that says Generate HTML and IMG code, click it and a new window will open, highlight everything in the 3rd box that says IMG clickable thumbnails, paste that code in your message :)

I hope this helps if it does'nt let me know:yay i'm just figuring this out myself :)

Well when this CAL started, I started a baby mam and it is over half finished. My DH asked me who it was for and I said "I don't know but in this family we will need it sooner or later." Sure enough, I got an invitation to a baby shower for someone Friday. LOL I can't make the shower but sure am glad I have this almost ready to send. LOL

Archived