Mile-A-Minute CAL

barbn77

Would anyone be interested in doing a Mile-A-Minute CAL with me?:hook Hubby decided he wants a king size afghan that i can't do in one piece and he did'nt want squares, so Mile-A-Minute it is!!! the pattern i'm doing is HERE i'm doing the inside dk. plum and the border in black.

I made a couple buttons for anyone who is interested there below:yay for you to save and load to your blog if you want them:clap

th_mileamin2.jpg

th_mile-a-min1.jpg

Hope to see some of you here :cheer :cheer :cheer

Some patterns for Mile-A-Minutes are at Crochet Pattern Central and as i find more i'll link here:jumpyay

A couple Links I found,

Mile-A-Minute Granny

Mile-A-Minute Cotton Throw

Mile-A-Minute Baby Afghan

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got 1 strip done yesterday, here's a pic of what it looks like at the point, it's a really fast pattern, i just might do another one after this :)

th_mileamin001.jpg

Hi Maria :)...I think i seen bookmarks that were mile-a-minute patterns here's a couple links

Bookmark

Bookmark #2

You could even just make one strip of a patterns you like and make it a scarf, that would look really nice too:manyheart Hope you decide to join me here:clap

Hi all-

I am unfamilar with Mile-a minute I clicked the links that were posted and it looks like you make an afghan in strips instead of squares which sound neat and a lot faster. Did I get that right? I would love to join you all, I have begun Christmas knitting (this year is blankets for four people) and I love having different techniques to make different blankets.

Lorraine - Ty for the link, i never seen that one yet, it's pretty

Susan - Welcome:clap , i've never done a Mile-A-Minute until now either i really like the pattern i chose, let us know what pattern your doing and your colors when you choose them :)

I would love to join in this CAL. I want to make a mile-a minute toddler sized blanket for one of the kids in my sister's preschool class. This CAL will be just the thing to get me going... and make me finish! :D

I was just thinking today about what new project I would start and I really wanted to do a mile-a-minute..........looks like I have an excuse to do it now!

Now just to pick out a pattern and colors.

I'll let y'all know.

Thanks for the 'kick in the pants'.

:hook:manyheart:hook

Welcome Veronica and Lisa...This is quickly becoming my fave. afghan patterns, i'm almost done my 2nd strip, if i actually worked on it tonight instead of playing on the comp. i could have it done LOL

You can easily do a strip a day on these :)

Let us know your patterns and colors when you choose them:clap

Susan - Can't wait to see your colors, i'd like to see the dffrent varieties the same pattern can make:D

hi everybody,

Just saw this Cal today and as I am busy coaching my kids for their exams this gives me a nice project to do :) Also I think I might mahe a MAM bag instead of the afghan! Thansk for all the great links posted!

Will let you know what colours I pick and which pattern I am using tomorrow. I saw a MAM style basket done in some japanese book.. so off to hunt it down now:)

Hugs

Vims

I am seriously considering joining you in this MAM-a-long.

I want to make an afghan for my 22 year old nephew for Christmas.

I've already started on his 19 year old sister's afghan. Hers is made up of 12" blocks.

I like portability in a project!

I pulled out a book I have : Leisure Arts Mile-A-Minute Afghans (40 designs - contest winners) It's leaflet #3144. Lots of beautiful patterns. I'm taking it to work with me to contemplate. I'll let you know the big decision tonight !

Vims and Lorraine - Welcome aboard :clap this is gonna be a fun CAL:hook

I've finnished another strip last night, it just needs to have the border done, which is'nt much :) Doing a strip a day I should have this done next week!!

I'll start a diffrent pattern when i'm done this one, I have some purply/blue baby yarn (Bernat Softee baby in Denim) and white/pink/lilac varigated (Bernat Softee Baby also but can't remember the name!!) that i'm going to use for the 2nd one:hook

I'd like to join but I have a couple of questions!

Firstly, this would be my first CAL, so I'm excited about that!

Secondly, about the MAM... does each strip *have* to be constructed from a long foundation chain, then worked in rounds? Or can each strip be a small foundation chain of about 20 or so, then worked upwards (like a long skinny scarf) and then a couple of rows of rounds around it, then joined with the other strips?

The reason I ask is about 20 years ago when I was younger I watched my mother crochet a MAM pattern, but it was worked similar to this except each panel was fatter than 20 chains across. It was maybe 40.

If this would be okay for a MAM afghan, I'd like to design my own. I have some ideas in my head for something I think would be quite pretty, but just wanted to make sure that it would still count as a MAM. :D

Thanks everyone! I'm very excited about possibly doing a CAL with you!:hook

AJ - Welcome, i'm sure if your making your own you can do it anyway you want:yay The one i'm doing is like a skinny scarf with a little border done after, the link is in the 1st post if you want to see itLet us know what pattern your doing and your colors when you choose them :)

I've decided to do the MAM that is linked in the first post. I do have a question though.

In the pattern it says to stop after 75 shells. Is the shell the (3dc, 3ch, 3dc), or it is it half of that? So, in other words, is (3dc, 3ch, 3dc) one or two shells?

I know I sound dumb but..........:think

Archived