Mile-A-Minute CAL

barbn77

Lisa are you doing the same one as me??

If you are do the 3dc, ch2, 3dc and than the last dc in the space like you do before you turn, just don't turn end it there....does that make sense?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lisa are you doing the same one as me??

If you are do the 3dc, ch2, 3dc and than the last dc in the space like you do before you turn, just don't turn end it there....does that make sense?

Not really. Oops...I thought I was doing the same one as you but I'm doing the baby one....maybe just making it a bit bigger. It says to end the row after 75 shells, I'm likely going to make it to 100 shells.....just need to know if (3dc, 3ch, 3dc) is one shell or two. Here is the pattern..... http://www.caron.com/projects/cs/pro_cs_milemin.html

I would like to join in on this CAL. I will let you know what pattern I'm using and yarn colors. I need to go to the store tomorrow. Another good reason to get yarn!

120425434_6f070a37fa_m.jpg

Hope everyone is having a great day so far. So I have decided that I am going to make a baby size blanket mosting DC strips 3 inches wide 30 inches long in various yellow and off white colors to be donated to Warm the World (and number 7 in my 25 things for charity this year).

Lisa - Looking a the pattern (3dc,ch3, 3dc) is a shell, and too finish i just would'nt do the ch and turn at the end:yay

Denise - Welcome :elle

Amanda - Those colors will make a really nice baby blanket, can't wait to see a finished pic:hook

I'm giong to the store today to pick out my yarn and pattern. I think I'm going to use Caron Simply Soft, but once I get to the store I'm always tempted to try something else... maybe I'll buy a couple of differnt yarns just because :devil

Another good MAM strip is the Ginko Bookmark that Drew has for free on his free pattern page, scroll down and you can find it there! http://thecrochetdudepatterns.blogspot.com/

I've made 3 strips so far out of cotton, I'll make a dishcloth 1st, then I'll try the bookmark.....:hook

I've never made any MAM strips before, they're fun and quick, very addictive :manyheart

I went to the store and picked out my yarn-----Caron SS Embroidery Print, Rubine Red, and maybe Grape. My pattern is Nostalgia in MAM for Everyone by Leisure Arts. It has two versions, one solid and the other calls for two colors but I may go with three. I'll have to see once I start.

Denise - I looked at the caron site and those colors are really pretty :), is caron simply soft a nice yarn to use? I can't find it here but lot's of people seem to like it:yay

Well, I'll put my two cents in on Caron Simply Soft -- I LOVE that yarn! It's ever so soft and glides just beautifully over the hook, which actually makes me go faster! And for finished products, it's just stunning. Creates stunning afghans that drape beautifully and are warm without being too heavy.

Not to mention it has a TON of color choices and it's so inexpensive! :D

AJ - I knew Caron was an inexpensive yarn and i wanted to try it, do ya think i can find it??? NOOOO LOL not at Wal-Mart or Michaels:( oh well...

How's everyone coming along?...I have 2 strips done and bordered so far and tonight i'm going to join them, and then join as i go, not sure how wide i need it to be so doing it this way is easiest I think:hook

Just wanted to post my progress so far :D

I've completed one strip and am going to take a break for a day or so on it before I dive into the next one. I'm designing this myself and have had a bit of trouble getting the edging the way I wanted it. All is good now and written down. :D:hook

blankets-232b.jpg

Here's the entry on my blog for the full story: MAM blog

Oops, forgot to include what colors and yarn type. Colors (as you can see) are purple and white in Bernat Softee Baby.

--

edited to include details of yarn

Oooh I may have to get in on this! I need to make a baby afghan for BIL and his g/f, their baby shower is in 3 weeks. :eek

I really love that baby MAM project from the Caron site, and I have 2 colors that I just used for my daughter's sweetie pie dress that would be perfect. I need to finish up 2 other projects first, but I should be done with them by Monday. :hook

A.J.that is a beautiful pattern. I'm glad that you are writting it down. It has a very feminine look to it. Barb, the colors are nice and bright, not my usual choice. It will be for my six year old GD and I think it looks like a rainbow which she loves. The yarn is working up real nice. It does seem to glide across your hook. I'm using a metal hook, I haven't tried it with the Crystal hooks yet.

Hey ya'll -- another update! I know I said I wasn't going to work on this for a few days, but I decided to start strip #2 while it was still fresh in my head. I just finished it up and everything matches up! Same size and width and everything. I placed them side by side and I'm SO excited with how it looks so far. I did a little measuring and I figure just two more strips and it should be good. Then to join and border around the body of it.

Like I said earlier, this is my first mile-a-minute and my own design, which makes it doubly special to me. :c9

Hello there everyone:hook

I am working on a Mile A Minute Baby rug

For my nephews soon to be born baby:yay

I love mile a minute crochet:dance

:hug Janny

Well since I was only making a dishcloth to start, let me be the first to post a picture of a FO!

I have never done the MAM before so I hope it's alright, I didn't really follow a pattern, I just did as they say......winged it!!

MAMdishcloth.jpg

Archived