Mile-A-Minute CAL

barbn77

Well, guys, this CAL has converted me to a HUGE MAM fan! ;)

So I decided to start another one today! As you can see from my siggy, I've got 3 strips done and joined.

This one is another of my own design, but I'm sure it's been done before in one way or another. Basically it's a granny MAM.

Here's a pic:

blankets-267.jpg

And CLICK HERE for the entry on my blog about it.

These CALs are addicting!!!

AJ- Are you attaching these as you go along?

Very pretty !

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup! I'm doing the flat braid join, which works nicely as a join as you go thing. i'm liking it because then there's less to do at the end (which for me always seems so overwhelming to have so many things to join up.)

And thank you!! :D

Oh wow!! I love how everyone's mam is turning out!! I finally figured out what pattern I wanted to use . Its from a japanese book but luckily it has symbols so I can figure out. Its kinda like daisy flowers(made with chains) so i guess it will go quickly. I have decided to use white homespun and green chenille thick and quick for the edges for this project(enough of stashing it away). Will post a picture of a strip tomorrow.

hugs

Vims

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j101/sprat605/april2006046.jpg

I wonder if I did this right???? Please check it out and let me know if it works....K??? :manyheart This pattern didn't have a name.... just a number... so I decided to call it "crazy daisy, baby!".

I love the pattern you have chosen! The colors are just beautiful and will be gorgeous when assembled :yay

hugs

Vims

I've finished! Here's the entry on my blog if you want to read it (and see more pics!) CLICK HERE for MAM blog

Here's a pic:

blankets-260b.jpg

blankets-248b.0.jpg

blankets-250b.jpg

Thanks for starting this CAL, Barb! I had a lot of fun with this :)

:clap:clap:clapbravo!!! you are amazing!! Loved everything in your blog ! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me!!!:hook

Hugs

Vims:manyheart

Hi Everyone - Sorry to interupt but I was wondering what makes it a Mile-a-Minute? Is it because it is broken out into separate pieces and then attached? I had to research on the crochet along because I wasnt sure what that was either (found it in the archived CAL). Is there a thread with terms explained that is easy to find? I also found out what frogging was from reading a knitting mystery fiction book. Just wondering - I'm a self learned crocheter and havent been exposed to some of this stuff :)

Julie

Hi Everyone - Sorry to interupt but I was wondering what makes it a Mile-a-Minute? Is it because it is broken out into separate pieces and then attached? I had to research on the crochet along because I wasnt sure what that was either (found it in the archived CAL). Is there a thread with terms explained that is easy to find? I also found out what frogging was from reading a knitting mystery fiction book. Just wondering - I'm a self learned crocheter and havent been exposed to some of this stuff :)

Julie

To make a MAM 'ghan you crochet long strips and then sew the strips together. Barb has a few examples in the first post to give you a good idea of what a MAM looks like. I don't know if there is a thread that explains all the crochet terms, but please ask if you have a question. This is a friendly group, and most of us are more than happy to help out. :hook

I changed the way i'm joining these togeather, i did'nt like how it looked just whip stitched so i'm trying something like how the Crochet Dude joins the Monet Squares Afghan shown here (scroll down a little to find the Monet Afghan) i've added to the border of 1 and almost done the 2nd strip than i'll join them and see if that looks better i'll post a pic when i'm done:yay

I'd like to join this cal too! My sister is getting married in September, and I think an afghan would make an *awesome* wedding gift...I'll make a trip for yarn this weekend (Oh, the hardship!) and let you know what I get.

AJ - You are a maniac! I can't believe you almost have two done already! They are both very beautiful. You are very talented. Are you thinking about selling your patterns? I would be interested. They both turned out great! There is a lady from crochetville that sells her patterns on e-bay.... she sells each of her patterns for $5.00 and whoeverbuys gets the pattern e-mailed. What a great business! No overhead and no postage! Just thought that your patterns are so lovely they would sell like hot cakes!

Vims - Thanks! I really am liking the pattern too! And the yarn is turning out to be very nice to work with too! Can't wait to see what you choose for pattern and yarn!

Barb - I love the way the Crochet Dude joined his xquares togather too! Easy AND beautiful!!! Can't wait to see your with that join too! Everyone MAM is so pretty so far!

Well I'm off to get ready to go to my C.L.A.W. (cafty women at work) group. We meet once a month on the second sat. It isn't just crochet.... everyone bring what ever craft project they happen to be working on at the time.... so it is fun to see what everyone is doing and to yak!

Later Ladies!

Sorry!

I didn't mean to be "stuck up" Glad to have you join us CB Potts You'll have fun here... everyone is wonderfully friendly and helpful! So.... HI!!!!

Welcome CB! They'll pull you in and then you'll start doing more and more and more CAL's until you're lost in them! ;)

All kidding aside -- it's fun! And the Mile-A-Minute one is a great one to start with.

JACKIE -- thank you for the compliments! I've never thought about selling the patterns. I just figured I'd share them! I'd rather keep crochet as a fun hobby that I can share in with others who love it, too. :manyheart But thank you for saying they'd sell like hotcakes! That made my day. :c9

Hello ladies, here is my first of the 8 strips done for the bag that I am doing using MAM strips. I am using homespun in white for the daisies and edging with LB green chenille (thick and quick kind).

mam strip 01

hugs

Vims

vims - that's going to be a very pretty bag :)

I have 3 strips done and joined, but the camera went dead!! when i get new batteries i'll post a pic, i'm almost done the center part of the 4th strip

Wow, that bag is going to be gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Well, I worked up 2 MAM strips already and I have to say I am not thrilled at all with the pattern. So I may be bowing out of this CAL, unless I can find another baby afghan pattern. :(

Wow, that bag is going to be gorgeous! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Well, I worked up 2 MAM strips already and I have to say I am not thrilled at all with the pattern. So I may be bowing out of this CAL, unless I can find another baby afghan pattern. :(

:hug Thanks Stacey and Barb! I too can't wait to see it finished! I have made 3 more strips now just 4 more to go!!! Hope you do find a nice pattern soon. will be too bad if you leave now... will it help if I stayed in here and made one more mam while you take your time and pick another mam project:think.. anyway hoping you would stay on:)

hugs

Vims

Hello ladies, here is my first of the 8 strips done for the bag that I am doing using MAM strips. I am using homespun in white for the daisies and edging with LB green chenille (thick and quick kind).

mam strip 01

hugs

Vims

Very pretty! I love the green chenille you chose. Can't wait to see pics of your bag. :hook

Vims - I love it! It is going to be splendisious! ( don't think that is a really word:yay ) I will be waiting with everyone else to see the finished product!

Stacy - I sure hope that you find a new pattern! I'd hate to see you "bow out!"

I on the other hand havent had anytime to get anymore done on my MAM! Dang! I wish I was filthy rich and didnt have to work and could spend all my time and money on yarn and projects! Anyone with me on that thought?

Well later girls!

Stacy - I sure hope that you find a new pattern! I'd hate to see you "bow out!"

I on the other hand havent had anytime to get anymore done on my MAM! Dang! I wish I was filthy rich and didnt have to work and could spend all my time and money on yarn and projects! Anyone with me on that thought?

Well later girls!

I'm with you for sure, that would be the best to stay home and crochet, shop for yarn (all the types I dare not buy now) and loving it.

Stacy - don't bow out there is no time limit so you can find a pattern you like and make it then!!

Archived