Second Chance Beaded Choker

Katchkan

I have been fighting the nasty bug that has been going around like so many others. So I have had quite a bit of just of sit quiet time here this week. I have been trying to use it somewhat productively. So I decided it was time to finally keep a promise to myself. When I first designed this choker I had just enough time to get a poor shot of it before it left to it's new home. I kept promising myself I would make myself one and get a better picture of it.

Well the promise has been kept. Now I finally have a blue choker.

This choker is made to fit me and my scrawny neck so it measure 12 inches across and 3 and 3/4 inches deep. I used just over 4,100 beads. It is done with size 50 thread and a number 12/1.0mm hook. It has an s clasp for the closure.I used colored pearls for the accent on the fringe. Hope you all like it.

Choker1Secondchance.jpg

That is beautiful!! :applause You sure have the talent. And a 50 thread, your eyes have to hurt after working those little stitches! I go cross eyed sometimes just working with a 10 thread. I do not have the nerve yet to go to a 50.

Your work is wonderful, I just looked at your site. WOW!

Kathy your choker is awesome, I have to say the blue is great:cheer Hmmmm well something else for me to get busy with huh. I have a choker pattern that I got from you that now must be pushed to the front of my things to do list. Truly awesome work.

Mary

Oh That is so gorgeous!! Absolutely beautiful! I could go on and on! Awsome job!

Wow.. that is awesome! What size beads are you using? I have made bead crochet ropes, and it took me taking two classes to finally 'get it'. Do you have to pre-string all the beads, and in the correct order? That's the part of the bead crochet I didn't like. I'm too impulsive... I want to pick up a project and just start crocheting.

Joan

crikey! Looks like something that Queen Nefartari woud have worn! It has such an elegant and regal appearance.

Guest Catlizg

Oh my - that is simply stunning, absolutely gorgeous. You inspired me to make my maiden attempt at thread crochet. I followed your pattern for a tissue cover. Of course it didn't come out perfectly, but I'm pretty proud of it as I'm a fairly new crocheter. Your pattern was very easy for me to follow and I loved the challenge of working with the thread. In fact, I took out a tissue at my local Starbucks and was asked by the person on line next to me where I purchased it! I felt like a little kid when I told her I made it. Thanks so much for all the inspiration.

Thank you everyone for such kind remarks. It is such a pleasure to share my work with all of you who care about our art form. I appreciate all your comments and encouragement. This is what makes this place wonderful, to be able to share the joy of creating with others. Thanks for being here.

Oh my - that is simply stunning, absolutely gorgeous. You inspired me to make my maiden attempt at thread crochet. I followed your pattern for a tissue cover. Of course it didn't come out perfectly, but I'm pretty proud of it as I'm a fairly new crocheter. Your pattern was very easy for me to follow and I loved the challenge of working with the thread. In fact, I took out a tissue at my local Starbucks and was asked by the person on line next to me where I purchased it! I felt like a little kid when I told her I made it. Thanks so much for all the inspiration.
Cathy, You made my day when I read this. I am so glad you had a great experience with your maiden voyage into the world of thread. I do warn you, it can be addictive. I truly love what can be done with thread.

:shrugWhat more can be said? I almost :faint when I see your new designs. I also sit in anticipation of what you are going to do next. I :bowto you as :queen of thread crochet and wait to see what :2magic you come up with next.:hook

Archived