What's your favorite afghan to make?

Right now, for baby is the Bubbles Blanket by Deneen, it works up so soft and cuddly. For regular Afghans i like one called Wavy Doubles, but i don't remember where i got the pattern from, pretty much whatever i see that i want to try out for an afghan i will:hook

One of my favorites is the scrap afghan I made before Christmas. It was made in strips-20 stitches and 10 rows per color. I made sure there were no spots where the color was the same side by side, and I did it in dc. Sewed the strips together with yellow yarn, put a border of three rows on the whole thing, and it's beautiful! I love scrap afghans!:hook

This won't help you much for your husband, but my current favorite is the baby alphabet in the Blue Ribbon Afghans book. It is working up really quickly for single crochet and I haven't gotten bored and put it down for another project.

• 4 months later...

Round Ripple, but not in baby colors here is an example

th_DCFC0175.jpg

Can't see it but there is 7 rows of black on the edge

Also I am working on one in RH SS Windsor blue, taupe and latte:D

Needing to purchase more blue - last skein wasn't the best

• 1 month later...

My fav afghan is 24 pieces crocheted in the shape of an hour glass. You put the concave (curving inward) side to the convex (curving outward) side and stitch them together with sc. The original pattern calls for 24 different colors, all bright, bold colors, joined together with black. It calls for a fringe but I don't care for that so I left it off. You crochet with a large hook (can't find the pattern right now). Think it's a size P or Q and you use a double strand of yarn. Right now I'm working on one with Baby Clouds Cotton Candy using a single strand with a smaller hook. Didn't have enough yarn though for enough hour glasses and I don't know what I'll stitch them together with. Gonna go to Hobby Lobby eventually to get some help. Right now, it's on hold. Sorry, no pics but will take one of the Cotton Candy when it's finished. Unfortunately the one I made by the pattern back in the '70's was stolen! Hey, I do have an old pic but will have to find it and then I'll post it.

Thanks for letting me share!

:cheer Mine have to be the Round Ripple or the regular Ripple.

th_RoundRipplestar.jpg

th_Zig-Zagrug.jpg

th_TradeMe232.jpg

I have just completed another Round Ripple in the Rainbow.

Also done one in 2 shades of pink.

Very easy to do and they can almost be done with your eyes shut.

Have fun.

Colleen.:hug

I like the progressive pattern stitch afghan by Julie Bolduc. I usually make mine in different color stripes as opposed to solid and I keep mine square. I think the stripes are kinda manly as opposed to some of the other patterns I've seen but it's not as monotonous as making a stripe afghan. Plus the stripes have a cool corner inside the afghan. I've made a solid blue one and currently a red and white striped one for my fiance and a cream, tan, light sage, and dark sage one for my grandmother. Both love this afghan because it's delightfully warm.

Here's the link.

http://www.jpfun.com/patterns/13kids/projectlinus.shtml

Afghans in squares are my favorite, but I haven't made that many and need to expand my repertoire! Bianka, that stitch reminds me of the Diagonal Box stitch, which is one of my favorites! I've never made an afghan from it, though, just dishclothes!

Here's the pic of my favorite afghan pattern. Unfortunately, this is not the one I made as I said it was stolen! Also, it's not in color but imagine each section as a different color sc'd together with black. Hope you like it!

bluetint.jpg

My all-time favorite, quick, full-size (adult) afghan is this: 4 strands worsted (or so) and a Q hook. I use about 3 - 8oz skeins per color usually Bernat's big skeins. Anyway, I chain about 65...more if I want it really wide...then hdc or sc evenly each row, until it's big enough. I have a tall hubby, so I just add a few rows. We call it our movie blanket, copying my sister (I made one for her and her DH and they told me that's their name for it, and it's purpose) I've made several, in many color combos...egs Dk Purple, lt, purple, med/lt green, and purple/green/white variegated. Or Royal blue, med blue, dk green, and blue green ombre. (etc etc etc...) I often start with the variegated and pick co-ordinating colors. It works up fast too. Just a few weeks, a couple hours per evening, and not every evening either!

Archived