Curling Ribbon Book Published

Bendy

Bendy, congratulations! What an accomplishment! Your book looks very interesting. I've always wanted to try using curling ribbon but was under the impression that I would need lots and lots of balls ($$$) before I could really make anything of a decent size. Are those projects expensive?:think

What a clever idea. Congratulations on your first book. It is definately going on my wishlist. This is something I just have to try.

Bendy, congratulations! What an accomplishment! Your book looks very interesting. I've always wanted to try using curling ribbon but was under the impression that I would need lots and lots of balls ($$$) before I could really make anything of a decent size. Are those projects expensive?:think

I have seen this exact ribbon at the Dollar Store. I'm sure it's the same thing, and it's very inexpensive! Hope this helps. :hug

Hi Roli,

No it is not expensive. If you go to a hobby lobby, or Michaels or a similiar store that carries spools of curling ribbon, it is actually cheaper than yarn. You can buy a 500 yard spool which, if you don't mind using the same color on all of them, will make several small baskets for 2 or 3 dollars.

Bendy

Hi Roli,

No it is not expensive. If you go to a hobby lobby, or Michaels or a similiar store that carries spools of curling ribbon, it is actually cheaper than yarn. You can buy a 500 yard spool which, if you don't mind using the same color on all of them, will make several small baskets for 2 or 3 dollars.

Bendy

Bendy, did you have something published in the Nov. issue of Crochet! magazine?

Bendy, did you have something published in the Nov. issue of Crochet! magazine?

Shelle Hendrix Cain

I had a jacket and neck piece made out of SWFiber yarn.

I had a child's robe made out of Red Heart yarn

I had a hat and scarf made out of Fleece fabric strips.

Curious, why are you asking about that paticular issue?

Bendy

Because I had something in that mag, too, and I remembered your name. Mine was the Purple Pizzazz Wrap. Congrats again on your book. Two of my leaflets just came out about the same time as yours!! How cool is that?!?!?! :hook

What is "curling" ribbon? Just any of those thin kinds you use to tie ribbons on the end of balloons?

-------

Yes that is what curling ribbon is. The ribbon they tie on the ends of balloons :) They also make bows out of it because you can run your scissors down it and it will curl, which is how it got the name curling ribbon.

Bendy

Quite beautiful and excellent look for Easter projects. I'd imagine the ribbon may be a bit slippery. How does one "join" two yarn ends together? How is the finishing stitch done?

If you like to crochet with curling ribbon or would like to give it a try, I have a new book of curling ribbon designs out. You can see the book at:

http://www.anniesattic.com/detail.html?prod_id=18392

I am very excited about it. It is my first book! :)

Hope everyone enjoys the designs.

Bendy

Quite beautiful and excellent look for Easter projects. I'd imagine the ribbon may be a bit slippery. How does one "join" two yarn ends together? How is the finishing stitch done?

--------------

Thank you everyone. I hope everyone will enjoy the designs. You crochet with the curling ribbon in exactly the same way you crochet with yarn. There is no difference in the stitches used. The curling ribbon isn't slippery. The way I end with all my yarns is to weave the end in for about 2" and then weave it back through for about 2".

Bendy

Archived