My First Granny Square

This is my first completed granny square, 12 inches, with color changes. It's going to be an afghan for DH to resemble the one his dear Grandmother gave him as a child. He told me the story how after several washings it got very small.... I added and you got very large during the same time, he said "yeah, I guess that could be part of the reason it got so small", we laughed and laughed.

When it's done (probably not till Christmas with all the WIP's I have going) I will come back and post the completed afghan along with a new picture.

th_HPIM0082.jpg

click for larger photo

Colors and yarn are: caron one pound in country rose in the center then red heart supersaver warm brown and red heart supersaver paddy green.

Thanks for looking.

Cindy

Did I see a :cat paw on the left there in your pic :lol?

Methinks that paw is going RIGHT to the square... The kitty will be loving the afghan. :lol:lol:lol

What a sweet idea to recreate your husband's precious memory.

Methinks that paw is going RIGHT to the square... The kitty will be loving the afghan. :lol:lol:lol

Yes, you both caught that didn't you? LOL that is a paw..... that is Dunkin's paw and a big one it is. He has no du claw (spelling?) all 5 of his toes stick straight out..... it looks like a hand actually, :lol or a boxing glove.

have a look at these feet:

th_DunkinsFeet.jpg click for larger photo

Cindy-

Are those the same colors his grandma used too ?

I like it, it actually does have an old-fashioned look about it . VERY nice !

Yes, he picked the colors from his memory and the size of each square (12") I think it's the first time he has ever cared about what I was working on, :lol except to complain about the time I use up crocheting, :hook

OH and every time I try working on another WIP or start something new he asks when is he getting the afghan, next year??? LOL I tell him Yea, it'll be your Christmas present next year....

Archived