I Hit the Jackpot Today at Goodwill!!!

All right!!!!!!!!!:dance I LOVE a good bargain at the thrift store! Makes me want to run out right now and poke around, see what they've got. And how cool that there were multiple skeins of the same colors... and pretty colors too!!!!

:woo SCORE:woo

I have been in there about five times now, and they usually don't have anything; but maybe a skein of rug yarn, or a half skein of baby yarn. But, I will definitely keep my eyes open now after today!! I am on :c9. I always read about people finding good deals, but never find any myself. Then, after that I went to Hobby Lobby and they had all their candy making supplies (Wilton) half off so I got a bunch of stuff there too for hardly any money!! :clap

Tina

Awww... I'm so jealous!! What a find! :cheer I went to my local Goodwill today, the only crochet item I found was McCalls pattern book circa 1975 and some equally old knitting patterns. :thumbdown Oh well, I'll keep looking!! I'm really anxious to recycle some old sweaters.

wow - what a great deal!

From time to time I've found the 1lb bags of "unknown fibre content" for about half the price they are at Wal-Mart. Last time I got an entire shopping cart full and the cashier told me that the lady who sorts the donations was VERY excited to get yarn in, even tho she doesn't knit or crochet herself. If you ask the people who work at the thrift stores, they will often "check in the back" to see if there's more waiting to be put out.

I also managed to fill the back of my husband's mini-van with 1lb balls of RH Supersaver lemony-yellow yarn once from a liquidation place for $2.99 a ball. And YES I am still tyring ot use it all up lol

Congratulations on your great find.

Fran

Archived