Some crochet scarves are becoming....

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have looked at that scarf several times myself and thought the same thing. I mean, really, who would wear that thing? I could see it on the runway (as some of the things on runway shows are way out there) but yeah, I'm sure there's someone out there who would wear it...

I guess I'm just too old and boring! :devil

See, I think it's things like that which give us a bad rap. I could definitely hear, "Did you make that? It looks like it", come out of someone's mouth. I know, different strokes, but to me it looks like the cat got hold of her ball of yarn, and she just decided to wear it.

Well, it is certainly different. I would not wear it, and my daughters (twenty something) agreed that they wouldn't.

I do know that folks have different taste, and some one else would probably like it.

They definately have a bad track record for picking patterns. It's a shame, it really does make the craft look bad. You could make some absolutely gorgeous things with that yarn....but they chose that as a pattern to advertise what you can do with it??? Please please please give us something simple and useful next time!

well just because you dont like it doesnt mean other people dont..

i actually own a scarf like that.. bought it at a high end boutique here in town so i could replicate it.. i LOVE it and i get compliments on it every time i wear it .. i have also made much money on these scarves..

the thing about that picture is she has it wrapped twice around her neck.. think about it..

maybe you would like it better only once or hanging straight

...umm, let me say, quite "creative"?

Here's what I mean.

Now, ladies (and gentlemen), a poll: How many of you would wear that?

Put me down for "never".

Disclaimer: I have nothing against Lionbrand personally. I just don't care for some of their patterns.

No way! :eek:eek:eek

I think there are some cool crochet patterns out there in the world but that is definitely not one of them.

The line between opinion and being hurtful is so fine... It is lovely yarn, lovely work, but reminds me of the costuming in Lion King, which was a fabulous play! I could definitely see it on a runway model, and definitely could NOT see it on me!

well just because you dont like it doesnt mean other people dont..

i actually own a scarf like that.. bought it at a high end boutique here in town so i could replicate it.. i LOVE it and i get compliments on it every time i wear it .. i have also made much money on these scarves..

the thing about that picture is she has it wrapped twice around her neck.. think about it..

maybe you would like it better only once or hanging straight

Well, that's helpful, that it's wrapped twice! I'm sure a more flattering picture could be taken if it were not so 'bunched up'. It just looks so bulky in that photo that it's hard to imagine walking into the courtroom where I work with that thing on and not feeling quite self-conscious... and believe me, I am not shy about what I wear... the name Funkyreporter was bestowed upon me by the bailiffs at work because of my, um, peculiar fashion sense!

I agree if it didn't look SO bulky, I would have been much more attracted to it. I'm fluffy enough I don't need to overdo it, but a nice warm scarf/shawl type thingy is just what I'm looking for to keep my neck and shoulders warm at work as we have a wicked draft on occasion that is pointed right at my desk.

Archived