Chic on The Halfshell - free pattern!

thecrochetdude

I grabbed the pattern earlier today and am almost half finished with the first side! Great pattern, Drew! I am doing mine in Wool-Ease Chunky instead of two strands of sport weight, and I also added an extra round to the center part to make it a little larger and deeper..Will post a pick as soon as I am done!

Laurie:hook

This is such a quick pattern!! I'm on the second side already and will finish tonite except for the lining and closure. I'm using a strand of chocolate simply soft along with a strand of rose pink cotton twist (discontinued by RH) and it's coming out sooooo pretty!! Thanks again Drew.:clap

Well it's done except for the lining. I think my yarns were too soft for this pattern. It doesn't have the body your's does Drew. Oh well. It's cute and I have lining fabric that will match perfectly. Now does it need a pretty pin, a pink crocheted rose, or a button on the tab closure?

d2acb49e.jpg

That is so cute. My oldest daughter is always begging me to make her more purses. THANKS! :angry

Seriously, I think she would like that one. The problem is....she makes me lists of things she would like to have and steals everything I make for myself!

Spoiled! :lol

Well it's done except for the lining. I think my yarns were too soft for this pattern. It doesn't have the body your's does Drew. Oh well. It's cute and I have lining fabric that will match perfectly. Now does it need a pretty pin, a pink crocheted rose, or a button on the tab closure?

d2acb49e.jpg

That really looks great! I love the colors you chose and I'm sure a lining will give the fabric enough body.

I would love to see a pin or button for the closure to give it some "jewelry"!

:bounce

That's a really great purse, Drew! Thanks for posting the pattern. I've recently switched from making sweaters to making purses to use up some stash. This'll be my next project.

About two months ago you had recommended Crochet for Fun and Profit to me and I wanted to thank you for that also. I bought the book and have learned alot from it:c9

• 2 weeks later...
That's a really great purse, Drew! Thanks for posting the pattern. I've recently switched from making sweaters to making purses to use up some stash. This'll be my next project.

About two months ago you had recommended Crochet for Fun and Profit to me and I wanted to thank you for that also. I bought the book and have learned alot from it:c9

I'm glad the book has helped you! :bounce

Y'know, it'd be easier for me to control my purse fetish if folks like you would stop creating fabulous patterns that I absolutely have to make.

Seriously, though, thanks so much for sharing this pattern.

~Sarah

Archived