Wow...

That is something else. I would never think of trying something like that. Atleast not by myself. That had to take some time to do. It is so pretty though. It would be worth all the time put into it.

I have a book or two on Irish crochet and man, I'm like a "possible extreme" crocheter, but this stuff overwhelms me...maybe in another 10 years I'll attempt small pieces of irish crochet...it's a whole 'nother level of crocheting...

That dress is gorgeous...

:roseIsn't the Irish crochet beautiful, :rose You know it isn't as hard as it looks. But yes it is time consuming, Most of those dresses you see were a group effort, :rose I love doing the Irish crochet but I will stick to small pieces myself these days.

That is EXACTLY what I was thinking. For such a beautiful piece of handwork of that quality, that price is a deal and a half.

I was thinking that myself...someone on another site that I shared the link with was asking how much the gown cost, and how long it would take to make...I explained that I could conceivably see just the doodads alone taking months and months (and quite possible a couple of years) to make...I've heard of nuns in Ireland working on a single Irish crochet table cloth and it alone would take them about a year...

I am actually working on an Irish Crochet Dress. No where as elaborate as the one in the picture. I have finished the top. I now have to make sleeve and the skirt. It is not as hard as it looks. I will share a picture of the dress when I finally get it done. I am waiting for A.C. Moore to order my 20 thread the store only had 4 balls and I wanted 15 to 20 to finish. I am hoping that will be enough to finish the skirt, sleeves and a veil.

i bet katchkan could do that in like a day LOL

ok a week..

the rest of us.. a few months..

Or in my case,... decades!!

Archived