Triangle Shawl

katysam

This is the Lion Brand Triangle Shawl. Here is the pattern: http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/chs-triangleShawl.html

I followed the pattern, except that I used nearly four skeins rather than three. This a good pattern for beginners to learn simple increases. Warning: There is a LOT of fringe. I spent more than three hours on the fringe because I knotted all the ends so they wouldn't unravel.

th_November-December2005068.jpg

This really is my favorite shawl pattern that I have seen. I like the longer fringe, as well as the larger size of this shawl. You did such a beautiful job on it. Thank you so much for sharing your photo and giving us a link to the pattern that you used.

Beautiful!!! I tried to make that shawl and I dont know what I did wrong but obviously I didnt understand the directions...it came out looking like a huge thong so I just gave up:(

:lol It's funny you should say that! When I was first working on it, my husband kept saying, "That sure is a big pair of panties!" I wasn't sure if it was going to turn out well until I was nearly finished.

It came out great! I am actually working on this pattern in black and like the pattern very much...great for a newbie like me!

How many pices of yarn did you use per fringe?

I used two, which I think turned out just right.

Many thanks to everyone for your compliments! :)

Great job!! What color is that anyway? You'll have to let us know how well the fringe holds up. I made the suede shawl, and it wasn't enough yarn, it calls for three, but you definitely need four, lol! Is it a Christmas gift or a gift for yourself?? ;)

Great job!! What color is that anyway? You'll have to let us know how well the fringe holds up. I made the suede shawl, and it wasn't enough yarn, it calls for three, but you definitely need four, lol! Is it a Christmas gift or a gift for yourself?? ;)

The yarn color is "Windsor." Everyone who saw me crocheting with it complimented the color.

I'm curious about the fringe too, especially in light of the recent posts about problems with Homespun!

I made the triangle shawl for my grandmother for Christmas. I also made prayer shawls for my husband's grandmothers. It's been great being able to crochet this year because the grandmothers are always hard to shop for, and being able to make them something is good because they actually appreciate it! So far the things I've attempted to make for myself haven't turned out as well, but I'll keep trying!

Beee-yew-ta-full!!! It looks so cozy and makes me want to sit in front of a fire watching some feel-good Christmas movie.

Good to know about the suede shawl b/c I just started that one. I can't remember if I have 3 or 4 skeins; but now I'll check. Thanks for the tip, Lucki721!

I made the suede shawl, and it wasn't enough yarn, it calls for three, but you definitely need four, lol!

You are very welcome!! :) I'm petite, and figured it would be as large as the one featured on the LB website, but I can't tie it around myself like in the pic, maybe a little on the ends. I was surprised! It's an easy stitch, and pretty quick project. If you got a print (the pretty new suede varigated colors), you'll definitely need 4! I didn't get enough for the project, so I will probably end up frogging it for something else. I hope to see yours when it's done!!

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone made this using a differnt yarn?

I don't like to work with homespun.

Maybe holding 2 strands of some ww together?

Thoughts?

I used TLC "Cotton Plus" in black and used a 6mm hook. It took about 3 skeins incuding fringe. It doesn't have the warmth of course but I made it with spring/cool summer nights in mind.

It came out great, really pretty if I do say so myself! It was my first "not a scarf" project.:clap

Archived