New Here

Woven N Spun

Hello all.

I am new here. I found this board accidentally a few weeks ago and have been lurking around. I decided to go ahead and join and become part of the fun.

I am new to this type of forum and I do hope you will forgive me any blunders I might make. I wrote a post already this morning and it seems to have gotten "lost" so I do apologize in advance if a duplicate appears.

I am an Army wife and home schooling mom to 5 children (ages 6-11) so life is pretty busy around here. I do find my quiet time to crochet, knit, and/or spin. Right now I am making bags and totes then dyeing and fulling them. At this time I am not sure what I will do with them all. I am guessing give most away.

I also enjoy growing and canning my own stuff. Had quite a "harvest" last summer and can't wait to get out to my little garden plot this spring.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this board and I hope I can become an active contributor.

Kimberly

Hello and Welcome Kimberly !

:wave :welcome

Sounds like you have a busy life. This is a wonderful place to be, I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon.

You can? I may have to pick your brain sometime. lol Something I'd love to start doing.

Thanks for the welcome Kari.

Yes I do can. Last year was my first BIG year as it was just hubby and I until we adopted all the kids (yes all my children have been adopted within the last two years....one child the first time around and 4 last year ggg)

Anyway....we canned peaches, blackberries, raspberries, apples, applesauce, jams, beans, corn, tomatoes pickles, salsa spaghetti sauce (only 52 quarts of that LOL). Believe me, when my daddy came to town he had to make extra shelves for me as there is not a whole lot of room in military housing. This year I plan to expand to canning soups and other things. I did not grow everything...just my maters and cucumbers (but will add peppers this year). We took a few trips to an orchard and let the kids go crazy picking the peaches and other fruits and veggies.

Would love to help you out if I am able to.

Kimberly

Hi Kimberly,

welcome to Crochetville. I'm a HS'ing mom to 5 too. Had less of a shock getting into than you did though! Best wishes for all your studies with them!

I was learning to can when I was single and really enjoyed it. I haven 't done it since coming here though. I miss it but don't have the right equipment.

I hope you enjoy your time here with us.

hi kimberley.:welcome:welcome:welcome so glad to see you here. its a great place. hope to hear from you often. and don't worry about mistakes, we all make them you should have seen the ones i did, but everyone was so kind and helped me:rotfl :rotfl vicki

img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/vickicoast/lilacs.jpg

edited by board admin: photo over allowed size; changed to link

Archived