Patriotic Barbie dress

unipeg

This is by far my favorite item I've made. The red/white/blue stripes are glass beads that are individually hand sewn, that took a lot longer than crocheting the dress.:eek

68816853_7fb1925669.jpg

Your Barbie dress is fabulous, :yay:clap:yay But why didn't you just crochet the beads in? :think

The beads are so small that I barely found a needle small enough, and even then some of them broke. Even now, being better at crochet than I was back when I made this dress, I don't think I could have altered the pattern to crochet beads into it. :blush

I have about 4 or 5 other dresses I've made too that I'd like to show off, just as soon as I get some pictures downloaded of them.:blush Thanks for all the nice comments, I'm enjoying seeing all the things you all have made too.:D

thats awesome, fantastic barbie outfit:clap :clap :clap you did a great job is it your own design. :c9 :c9 very pretty:manyheart :manyheart

Thank you very much Vicki, but no it's not my own design. I bought a booklet of patterns some years ago with "Holiday" Barbie dresses in it. I made every one in the book.;)

Archived