Simply Creative Crochet

origami

I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever find it... :think.

I like the snuggle up hoodie (looks EASY), the four patch mitered pillows, hte ottoman cover, the shoulder strap bag, the guys patterns, the flower power coordinates, and I think the granny embellished jeans are cute too. Not too bad.

Me too! I looked everywhere for this thing... I finally found it at Wal-Mart Monday evening...

Although I didn't like it as much as FCEC, I liked several of the patterns in it and have added several to my "to do" lists...

For me, it isn't always a pattern that make me buy a magazine. I like to look at the way stitches are made and get inspiration from this... So even though this is not the best crochet mag I've seen out there, I did get quite a lot of info from it and am glad I finally did find it!

I bought it last week at my grocery store, believe it or not, BooK Stores get it a week later, go figure. As for me, I was not very happy with it, then again I am an older person (57) and I hate the look of Granny Square stuff, been around longer than I care to remember, so really very few neat things. I want more new patterns, for anything, all stuff is same same same year after year. Sorry to get on my soap box.

I actually didn't like the hoodie at all. It's a personal taste thing; I hate bulky yarns on babies. I'm not very fond of bulky yarns at all, to be honest.

I'm kind of iffy on it as a whole. I did buy it, mainly because I'm trying to vote with my money...every time there's a crochet magazine at my local B&N I buy it so hopefully they'll continue to stock 'em (I've been here about 10 months, and it's only in perhaps the last two that they've started carrying any).

I do plan on making a couple of things out of it for my older daughter for Christmas, though. The daisy chain poncho, for one, since it's actually OK for this climate, and there's a hat/purse set I want to make for her as well. I do like the magic stripes skirt, but it's not in my size (I wear an 18 these days, definitely not an "L"), and I don't like it enough to enlarge it.

I did the snuggle=up hoodie--- don't like it. Much too bulky for my tastes but then I'm selling it. did the cell phone holder----kids liked it. did the rolled-brim cap-----LOVED IT! It fits perfect and really looks good. Guess I'll just work my way thru the magazine now! lol!:think

I did the snuggle=up hoodie--- don't like it. Much too bulky for my tastes but then I'm selling it. did the cell phone holder----kids liked it. did the rolled-brim cap-----LOVED IT! It fits perfect and really looks good. Guess I'll just work my way thru the magazine now! lol!:think

Well, I mostly liked the hoodie because I think it looks easy to do and I've never made a sweater or hoodie so I think it will be a good, quick first sweater project. The magazine is supposed to be simple ("Simply") and so I think that's why it has the patterns it does.

I bought this mag....and let it be known I am a person who just doesnt buy a mag due to it being crochet related....:P

And rarely do I ever follow a pattern....BUT I do like this mag....will I make anything from it? Who knows. All in all several of the items have teen appeal....I have two teen girls....A request has been put in for the Sunstruck Poncho. As for a "me thing" I saw several things I could study (yes its simple) but then embellish to my liking, the Beads-and-Lace Choker for one. I think several methods have been presented in this mag, i.e., garmets, decor and jewelry and since it is so simple the appeal lies in just that, something to wet the palette, something to make us gain confidence and expand upon...

Aslo the yarn recommended are affordable....this just may be me but when I see a fabulous pattern and want to make it or use it as a basic template and I see the yarns used( either unavailable in my area or out of price range) I feel that its a lost cause basically because of me not being familiar enough, with higher end yarns, to find an affordable substitute.

My novel is over now....:blush

I browsed it today, and bought it.

I like the asymmetrical jacket, and the pink boucle cardi... there are a lot simple projects that I won't ever make or need a pattern for... But I agree with Cordelia, I liked the variation in patterns, how they have a little bit of everything...

I'd say it was worth the $6, for sure. I've been more impressed with this than I was with a lot of other crochet mags I've seen lately.

I looked through my issue again today and I'll bet at least 1/3rd of the projects in there are ones I would make! I especially love the Sunburst Poncho. Sure, granny squares have been done to death, but this is one of the first granny items I've seen that doesn't look like the same old granny square. I absolutely love it and even though I'm not a big fan of granny squares I think I'm going to make one for myself!

I also loved the little critter toy for baby's! The only thing I really didn't like was the chunky baby pullover. Baby's things should be made with tiny yarn IMO. But all the other baby items are things that will go on my list for the next person I know of that has a baby!

I finally found this magazine at Barnes and Noble and I like it..there are several projects that I'm thinking about doing just haven't decided when I'll have the time to start one:)

After searching Joanns, Michaels, Bordres and Barnes and Nobles for the last month, I finally found it a Target today. :D I haven't looked at it yet as I am waiting to enjoy it when I am done with everything else. I did see the new Knit1 magazine that I subscribed to in Joanns though and I am a little annoyed I haven't received my copy yet. I think I heard someone else complaining about not having their magazine before the stores have it and I agree! Wasn't that one of the perks of having a subscription?:(

Well, I'll look at my new magazine in minutes and let you know what I think tomorrow! :clap

I guess I'm disappointed in this issue. The last 2 issues were so great, I'm still making things from them. I really had my expectations up for this one. I didn't like all the scarves in there - they're nice scarves but there are free patterns available all over the web that are as nice if not nicer. I would have preferred more original clothing patterns and less accessory items.

• 2 weeks later...

my daughter picked this up for me yesterday at the grocery store. there's always yes and no's with any magazine i buy but for the most part this issue is okay by me. i like the asymmetrical jacket, shoulder strap bag and the daisy chain poncho. scarves are scarves and as someone else pointed out, patterns are all over the net. and i liked the bulky hoodie, the kid looks so adorable in it! hmm, one thing i thought was tacky and someone else might adore was the lace-front pullover. ugh. it's the first time i've seen this magazine. i'm not overly impressed but not entirely disappointed either. i might buy it a second time.

Maybe I'm dumb, but I was surprised upon checking that all the yarns used were Lion. Weird or is the company conected to the publisher? I haven't bought a crochet mag for several years, but I don't remember any one mag using just one manufacturers yarn. No biggie - I love Lion Brand, just curious!

I pretended I had money to blow on magazines last week - and SCC was one of the magazines I bought. I haven't looked through all of it yet - but what caught my eye was the Jazzy Cardigan and Cloche. Truth be told - I am still learning to crochet and yet to actually create anything other than a square - and I am not talking the granny kind. But SCC has inspired me! :idea

I finally found one at my Barnes and Nobles, too -- and there are a number of wonderful projects I have already made note of to do. I picked up yarn today at Hobby Lobby and am starting the short pink jacket with the cut-away front and 3/4 sleeves for my DD. I picked up the Lions Jiffy in fushia for the body with a Jiffy varigated pattern that contains fushia to match, for the edging (I just could not take combining pink with green -- sorry, but I was glad to see that color combination go with the end of the seventies! LOL).

She grinned big when she saw the pattern and yarn -- so I guess that tells me to hurry with it! :-D

I am now seeing this magazine everywhere, from Joann's to my local Stater Bros. grocer.

There are many things that are interestin. Also I picked up KnitScene- that had mostly knit patterns but there were some crocheted patterns. I liked the latest Knit1 in terms of the men who knit article, but there are very few crochet patterns. I would not rush out to purchase it just for wanting patterns.

Debbi

After reading these posts, I just had to go see the magazine for myself.:scrachin I found it right away at JoAnnes. While holding my baby with one hand, I tried to flip through it with the other. :juggle It looked really neat! So I bought it. Once I got it home I was able to look at it better. I like it!! I haven't ever seen a crochet magazine with so many neat patterns! :yay

I will make the "on a roll" baby ball for my best friend who is having a baby in February,:heart and the man's scarf for my mom's boyfriend, :wcold and a smaller version of the sunstruck poncho for my daughter.:sun there's a lot of neat things in there I might make. :hook

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I finally saw this mag (haven't been in the grocery store for a while), and I confess what clinched my buying it is that the model dog in one of the photos is the same kind of dog I have (well, actually, I have 2 of them). Silly reason to blow six bucks, I know.:P :dog :dog But I really like the boucle sweater--perfect for AZ weather and my office (where perimenopausal me is always cold--backwards menopause--and my neighbor in the next cubicle is always sweltering). I liked the pillows, a couple of the afghans, the kids toys, the men's scarf. I think after the holidays I may sit down and try my first article of adult clothing--the sweater (I really should finish my bed jacket first, I know, but this gives me an excuse to buy more yarn...) Patty

I liked this magazine. I even saw it by the CHECKOUT COUNTER at my grocery store! I only looked high and lo for weeks , and now it's everywhere! Too funny! And I bought the new Crochet! magazine and I think I'll have to get a subscription again. :blush

Archived