Betty Boop Afghan - New Pictures Added

roadrunr55

Betty Boop runs in our blood. My mother loved her. I love her. My daughter, Kelly, loves her. So I had to make a Boop afghan for Kelly. I know there's lots of other Boop fans out there. Hope you enjoy this :)

She was done in sc. I bought the pattern off the internet and modified it. (Rearranged the stars and added the yellow fringe border)

My apologies to those who have clicked on my picture links and they did not work. I have added new pics.

post-2771-0-84660700-1362414870_thumb.jpg

post-2771-0-25048600-1362414889_thumb.jpg

I peeked in at your blog just now and I just wanted to say that you do beautiful work. I really love your afghans...and the view from your kitchen window!! Keep it up, I can't wait to see what else you come up with! :yay

I love it! How did you learn how to do something like that? I would have never imagined using crochet stitches to make a picture. Shoot me some tips, I would love to try something like that someday!

Jennifer,

I'm glad you like it. I bought a pattern on eBay and that's how I got started. I have started a thread called, "Tips for Crochet Graphs" under "Crochet Help" in the "Clinic" forum. There are also lots of graph links on my blog.

Fabulous!

What do you do with all the yarn ends? I see that there is a lot of color-changing going on!

I actually met once the woman who was the voice of the original Betty Boop. She passed away a couple of years ago, but was a very sweet lady.

Francesca,

That is so cool that you met the lady with the "Betty" voice. Was her normal voice anything like the cartoon voice?

The ends are all on the back, and you wouldn't want to see it. LOL

Some people can make the backs look as nice as the front, but not me. :)

Archived