Need opinions! - Ornament

faithpa76

So, I couldn't go out and get the things I need to make the ornaments I wanted to, so I came up with this. I used about 25 yards of 1/8" ribbon.

My questions ... can you tell what it's supposed to be? And what do you think? Honest opinions please - constructive criticism is a GOOD thing. Sorry about the picture quality, I really need to get my camera fixed ...

fishornament.jpg

looks like a beta fish to me !

i hope i am right .. lol

Hee hee ... I wasn't going for a KIND of fish, just wanted to see if people could tell it was actually a fish.

So ... I'm getting answers to my first question; I'm not sure if I want to make more or not, I want to know what people think of it! :lol I can handle "I don't really like it" - I take constructive criticism well if it's meant in a good way. ;)

I personally think that it is very very cute. I think it would look cute as a mobile in a child's room that has a sea/ocean/beach theme. I also think that a school of them on a tree would be very cute.

And to think a school of fish that you don't have to feed or clean a tank for!

Elizabeth

I like it too, I totally think you should make more of them! You are so creative ... I would never have come up with using ribbons for the tail on my own ... hehehe. This would be a great project to use up some scraps/leftover yarn in the yarn stash! (Is this your own design?)

I like it too, I totally think you should make more of them! You are so creative ... I would never have come up with using ribbons for the tail on my own ... hehehe. This would be a great project to use up some scraps/leftover yarn in the yarn stash! (Is this your own design?)

I just grabbed a couple spools of ribbon and played around with it, and that's the result. LOL! Thanks!

I see things from a fishermans view. To me it looks like a beautiful lure to catch the fish the rest of you see. I think it's pretty.

I can't help chuckling - my best friend, who used to live in MD and had a lot to do with the fishing industry - said the same thing. :D

Archived