Hello for the PN

Knitmom78

I just found this group and I love to converse with others that love crochet the way I do. I also knit and quilt. But since the beginning of July I have been unable to do anything due to tendinitis and bursitis on my right arm. Getting anxious to get back to it. 

Edited by Knitmom78
Word repeat

Welcome to the ville!  And sending sympathy and healing vibes your way; I have several hand/arm issues that subside to a dull roar, but never go away. This has caused me to pause crafting for months off and on, and when active to curtail it to only a couple of hours a day.  And am currently on a time out because of a 2-doilies-in-a row burst that has done in my right hand for a while.  Looking forward to chatting and seeing your projects!  (when you're feeling 100%)

:welcome to the 'ville.  I am glad  decided to join us.  We love seeing photos and hearing about everyone's projects (even non crochet projects)! Hope you will be back to crafting soon.  I love the inspiration, encouragement and motivation that I have received from fellow members here.  I hope you will join in on the chatter in the CAL's so we get to know you better. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2019 at 9:47 AM, Granny Square said:

Welcome to the ville!  And sending sympathy and healing vibes your way; I have several hand/arm issues that subside to a dull roar, but never go away. This has caused me to pause crafting for months off and on, and when active to curtail it to only a couple of hours a day.  And am currently on a time out because of a 2-doilies-in-a row burst that has done in my right hand for a while.  Looking forward to chatting and seeing your projects!  (when you're feeling 100%)

Hello Villager, Aren’t we having fantastic weather? I feel for the people in Florid and the Carolinas. I’m getting antsy to start knitting again but my PT is not letting me do it, and I want to really feel good so I can start to do it again. I have, probably like everyone else lots of UFO’s, mostly in the knitting side, when I start to crochet something I usually finish it promptly. How far are you from Seattle? It would be great sometime to meet for a cup of coffee or just to crochet together. 

On 8/24/2019 at 12:02 PM, Tampa Doll said:

Hi Welcome  to Crochetville from the Gulf Coast of Florida.

Grab your yarn and hooks, put your feet up and sit a spell.

We are always so glad to meet new friends.

I hope you and your family are alright, my prayers are with all of you.

On 8/25/2019 at 11:09 AM, RecycleCindy said:

Welcome and hope you can crochet again soon. Glad to have another person from the Pacific NW here.

Hello Cindy: I’m so new to this site that I’m not sure how to answer and if I’m answering to the right person.  I hope I am. Where in the PNW are you. 

Edited by Knitmom78
Misspelling

Hi Knitmom78, sorry missed your post until just now --I was born very near you (Seattle) but have flitted around since then; am now probably at the southernmost point in the PNW you can be (just a tad north of Calif.)  It's 95° here at the moment, at least the humidity isn't bad.  A bit too far away to meet up for coffee I'm afraid IRL, but virtually here any time.  :hook

I lived in Gold Beach for 7 years, eons ago. Migrated towards Portland in the 70’s and moved to Tacoma just 6 years ago. Children, grandchildren and now great grandchildren. It is not that warm here, we have had a mild summer, only 1 week or a little but more of over 85. Happy about that. I’m trying to post some pictures of my crochet and knitting but I don’t know what I’m n doing. Oh, well. I’ll keep on trying. Never met a computer I didn’t like. We just have to become better aquatinted. Are you on the coast or inland? I’m trying to get a friend of mine to go to Winston to the Wild Life Safari there. 

Edited by Knitmom78