What pattern do you really want to try?

Schoneys

I always have a ton of WIPs, like everyone else, but there is usually one great pattern that I always want to try and finish.

The one I am dying to get started on is:

Splash Crochet Throw/Shawl :manyheart - they have it listed under poncho/shawl and I think it would be a gorgeous shawl.

Just wondering what patterns everyone else is wanting to start or attempt.

Thanks!!

I can already hear moans, but I'd really like to have the Martha Poncho, so I may be trying after Christmas! I'd also like to try some Patricia Kristoffersen Doily patterns.

I want to try a sweater. I am sweater obsessed, but I am terrified to try to make one. I am scared that the arms won't match up, or that it won't be the right size, or something goofy like that.

Elizabeth

Guest Crafterlady46
I want to try a sweater. I am sweater obsessed, but I am terrified to try to make one. I am scared that the arms won't match up, or that it won't be the right size, or something goofy like that.

Elizabeth

You can do it. Just jump right in. Start off with maybe some lower priced yarn and dig right in. You will never know if you don't try. If you are determined to make one then go to it. Making an arm too long would be a little hard if you use a tape measure. I use one for baby clothes. And even if it it ain't the right size...so what. It will fit someone. The more you work at something the easier it will become. You can do it. :hook:hook

I want to make this...

http://www.bernat.com/pattern.php?PID=1275

But the browns will be in homespun and the colored part in chelnille cause the solo is to pricey for me, the homespun and chinille is to but I could just buy the 2 colors of homespun and 1 color of chenille when I have x-tra cash and aventually I would have a blanket!

Mine isn't a pattern I want to do. But I would love someday to have the time to make an Irish crochet Skirt or Dress. I am talking real Irish Crochet not the rose motifs. They didn't make patterns for them as they were so individual and next to impossible to write out. So I would be on my own. That doesn't bother me in the least, its the time. That and once I made it I really wouldn't have a place to wear it. But some day I will take the time and create my masterpiece. I've made a collar but I love the look of some of the dresses they used to create. I have some ideas and even some sketches but can't justify the time. :sigh

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/Katchkan/irishcrochetcollar.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/Katchkan/irishcrochetcoller.jpg

I also want to make a sweater - bought the yarn, have the pattern(s), too chicken to start. I guess making it out of Red Heart or something is the way to get going, then I don't care if it messes up. But then I wouldn't want to wear it either. RRrrr.

I really really want to make that spiderweb skirt. And as lame as this is I have Cool Crochet and want to make several of the tops BUT I am a dingbat when it comes to yarn substitutions....If I could just figure out what the heck to use I would so make myself some of those tops!

And I am sure the more books I browse and sites I come across I will find more!:blush

• 2 years later...

GREETINGS CRAFT COLLEAGUES: JOIN DATE: JUNE 2008

I AM TRYING TO LOCATE AN AFGHAN I MET APPROXIMATELY 5+ YRS AGO; IT HAD THE DESIGN OF TWO DOVES FACING EACH OTHER. IT WAS FOR THE PURPOSE OF PERSONS GETTING MARRIED. I HAVE SEARCHED FOR SEVERAL YEARS HOPING THAT THIS VISION WAS NOT JUST A ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME VISION; ALL I CAN REMEMBER IS THAT IT WAS POSSIBLY IN AN ANNIE'S ATTIC BOOK.

IF THERE IS ANYONE WHO HAS SEEN THIS ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME AFGHAN IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED IF ONE WOULD SHARE AND/OR INFORM ME OF A REASONABLE PRICE FOR THIS PATTERN.

YOUR PATIENCE AND SENSITIVITY TO THIS MATTER WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

RESPECTFULLY,

CHRIS-x

PAOEPL151@YAHOO.COM

Archived