Greetings From Leavenworth, KS

Terri P.

Hi. My husband and I recently moved from Port Orchard, WA to Leavenworth, KS. In Port Orchard I was a member of a crochet group that made afghans and other items for charities such as the Rescue Mission, Women's Shelter, and the like. I was wondering if anyone knows of such a group in the Leavenworth area.

Thanks.

Terri P.

Welcome from Oklahoma, Terry! I also really enjoy charity crochet and have 2 local charities I work with. You may want to check out Project Linus of Metro KC, don't know how far that is from Leavenworth, but they may also have a local chapter. Newborns in Need is another good one that also has a group in Kansas City, and may have another one closer if you need it.

Greetings and Salutations from Massachusetts! If you check the Crochet for Charity board, you will find lots of information about charitable crocheting.

Twinnish

And hello to all of you, too. Thanks for the info about possible places to contribute blankets. I'd love to find a group of ladies who get together to work on the blankets instead of just working on them by myself. I'll look into the sites you guys provided. Thanks.

Terri P.

Hello and Welcome to the site from Sunny Arizona.... I am sure you will find the group you are looking for. From what I have read here, there are a few that do the same as what you were doing. I am sure you will get some good advice soon.

Archived