Red Scarf Project for Valentines Day packages

Sondra

I've been at the hospital with my mom all week, but i got my last 6 packed up today and i'm gonna mail them monday. it'll be interesting to see what the final count is. i think everyone has really done a great job on this one. from one scarf to 10, every one is important.:cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already sent 8, as previously posted... have 4 more sitting on the table, a 5th in progress, and hopefully I will be able to complete a 6th one by Friday, when I am going to mail them (payday). Hope they make it there in time. :)

Dazy, sorry to hear you've been at the hospital with your mom. How's she doing? Will keep you both in my thoughts.

Suebee....JoAnn...does that mean you get a yarn discount? Hum....might be working there just for that. :devil

Yup! 15% employee discount. :)

But, all the yarn I used for these scarves was from my stash (except for the 6 that were past class samples). :D

Sent mine out today, the scarf is on my blog. I love that they did this. College can be really challenging, and I know I got thru by leaning on my parents for support. I just hope this brings a little joy to their days.

Sent mine out today, the scarf is on my blog. I love that they did this. College can be really challenging, and I know I got thru by leaning on my parents for support. I just hope this brings a little joy to their days.

Went to your blog....gorgeous red! Love it and whomever the lucky receipant is will too.

I've had a heck of time trying to get my last one done and in the mail. Just frogged one and am back to the drawing board. Dang. The others though are all now photographed and on my blog. Please stop by. Some are knit and some are crochet. Was trying to knit the one I frogged half an hour ago. ERRRRR Think in order to get it done, will select something else, other yarn and my favorite hook. That way I can get it finished and in the mail.

pictures here on my blog

Pictures up of my scarves that go in the mail tomorrow (priority mail flat rate box!) are up at the 25 things for Charity Blog

I posted my personal favorites at my personal blog.

Are ya'll making the tags that they ask to be attached to the scarves?

"Each scarf should have a tag securely attached that reads – Handmade for You by name, city and your group affiliation if any."

I'm thinking I'll put "Made with Love by someone in East Texas" My city is too small and I don't want my name on them. Sorry to be paranoid, but I think it's a security issue.. being in a very small town, someone knowing my name could find me easily.

Not that this is a real count, but did some fast hash marks going through this thread and think we've contributed about 80 scarfs....go women of Crochetivlle:cheer :cheer AWESOME!

Our charity sewing group was late getting word about this worthwhile project. Does anyone know if this is an annual project .. or is it just being done this year? If it's something that is done every year, we will schedule this on our calendar .. so we can provide more scarves next year. Thanks!

Our charity sewing group was late getting word about this worthwhile project. Does anyone know if this is an annual project .. or is it just being done this year? If it's something that is done every year, we will schedule this on our calendar .. so we can provide more scarves next year. Thanks!

I believe it's an annual event. Your best bet for info is to go to http://www.orphan.org and contact the coordinator there. She's very nice and responds quickly.

Hi Barbara

Yes this is an annual project. It's somewhere here in the post, but we've got lots of pages. I don't believe it actually says that on their webpage, but I've been in communications with the organizer on several occassions and she verifies that. So, super idea to get it on the calendar for next year. Bookmark the link perhaps to as the new info will be provided ...dates etc.

I've sent 25 so far, & should have 5 more ready to go on Friday, *crosses fingers* :U

You are awesome and I have a feeling your 25 weren't in my intial tally of 80:clap :clap

Dropped my final group of scarfs off yesterday to a local Einstein Bros. I sent off 14 scarfs (2 from a co-worker).

All pictured (except one that the picture didn't turn out) on my charity blog. Please take a look. The one I pictured from my co-worker is especially cool, cause I've just taught her to knit and crochet a little over a month ago. And she's pitching in. How cool is that. I'm very proud of her. My ace student:manyheart

Anyway...let's see if we can get a count of how well our group did, cause I think we did pretty awesome with pretty short notice.

Please everyone add your name and the total number you sent so we can add them up. It's be our Crochetville total.

Just cut and paste this and add your name....K:hook

schcrochet (Sandy) 14

Archived