Nashville Crocheter (Barbara) 3

Merlot (Patty) 2

auntbubbels (Janet) 2

theworm 2

gingerchai 2

Bobbie Faye 5

knit-errant 7

83 so far!

I mailed 4 scarves. Wished it could of been more. With my mother's illness and her recent passing I was not able to.

schcrochet (Sandy) 14

Suebee 14

dazy 11

Sondra 6

grannytme 15

Merlot (Patty) 2

auntbubbels (Janet) 2

theworm 2

gingerchai 2

Bobbie Faye 5

knit-errant 7

Charlene 1

DawnsRay 1

andiM 4

89 so far!

:clap :clap yeah Crochetvillers....please ladies no apologies, they all add up, the proof is before us...keep those numbers coming this is fun

I sent in 3

schcrochet (Sandy) 14

Suebee 14

dazy 11

Sondra 6

grannytme 15

Merlot (Patty) 2

auntbubbels (Janet) 2

theworm 2

gingerchai 2

Bobbie Faye 5

knit-errant 7

Charlene 1

DawnsRays 1

AndiM 4

13bodies 3

92 so far! :clap

WOW!! i'll bet we break 100 when everybody gets counted:cheer . i wonder what the red scarf grand total will be? i hope they got enough.:yay

DITTO, my thoughts exactly, I know there's a least 10 more people to hear from here with their numbers so we're definately going to be over 100. I've been expecting to hear back from Annalisa on the number, so will keep you posted as I find out.

:yay :yay COME ON LADIES...KEEP THOSE TOTALS COMING

----------------

schcrochet (Sandy) 14

Suebee 14

dazy 11

Sondra 6

grannytme 15

Merlot (Patty) 2

auntbubbels (Janet) 2

theworm 2

gingerchai 2

Bobbie Faye 5

knit-errant 7

Charlene 1

DawnsRays 1

AndiM 4

13bodies 3

92 so far! :clap

I got a Knit News newsletter in my e-mail account and The Orphan Foundation got a little write-up. I thought that was spectacular.... I wonder if they already mailed out their Valentine's Day packages to the students or if they held off a bit to see if they got more scarves.

I got a Knit News newsletter in my e-mail account and The Orphan Foundation got a little write-up. I thought that was spectacular.... I wonder if they already mailed out their Valentine's Day packages to the students or if they held off a bit to see if they got more scarves.

What did the article say Sondra? I'm surprised I've not heard back from Annalisa, she's usually super quick about response. Perhaps I'll touch base with her again.

schcrochet (Sandy) 14

Suebee 14

dazy 11

Sondra 6

grannytme 15

Merlot (Patty) 2

auntbubbels (Janet) 2

theworm 2

gingerchai 2

Bobbie Faye 5

knit-errant 7

Charlene 1

DawnsRays 1

AndiM 4

13bodies 3

TXyarnelf 1

93 so far! :clap:clap

:clap :clap Ladies...Please keep those numbers coming this is fun. We did make a difference. Just heard from Annalisa and they did make their goal, in fact they had an overage. I've forgotten to ask her if those are held til next year or if they pass them along to a homeless group. I know earlier on, she indicated none would be wasted and they had some options.

She said they were fantastic and were so lovely they hired an photographer to get some photo's. She said they would post on the webpage for all to see. So, keep checking back and I as soon as I see their there...I'll sing out. This will definately be an annual event. They were very happy with the results.

The packs were put together today. Probably took awhile to gather not only the scarfs but the other items and box them up. She said the next care packages would be in April with a spring/summer exam theme. Anyone have any ideas of warmer weather appropiate items that could be hand made to put in? They've not settled on something just yet, and may choose other items, but since she asked for suggestions....I thought I'd check with you all too.????????????/

Wow... This is wondrful news. I have to admit, I had my doubts on if they were going to get all the scarves they needed. Next time, I have to keep the faith.

I wonder how much these internet forums helped to contribute to the final number?

Wow... This is wondrful news. I have to admit, I had my doubts on if they were going to get all the scarves they needed. Next time, I have to keep the faith.

I wonder how much these internet forums helped to contribute to the final number?

I think alot. I know many people who visited here, or blogs where there were notes also helped to spread the word by adding notes to their blogs. Power of the people is amazing. Mass emails etc.

BUMP...let's keep adding

schcrochet (Sandy) 14

Suebee 14

dazy 11

Sondra 6

grannytme 15

Merlot (Patty) 2

auntbubbels (Janet) 2

theworm 2

gingerchai 2

Bobbie Faye 5

knit-errant 7

Charlene 1

DawnsRays 1

AndiM 4

13bodies 3

TXyarnelf 1

93 so far! :clap:clap

Just yesterday I received an eMail from the Orphan Foundation. It said they got nearly 3000 scarves from across the US and even Toronto, China, and Hawii !!!

What wonderful news.

WOW, thats even more than when she emailed me. They must have gotten more after the deadline! Did your email indicate what they did with those left over ones?

• 4 weeks later...
I received a thank you card the other day for donating scarves to the organization. I thought it was very thoughful for them so send out thank you cards - :c9

How cool! Nice of them indeed to do that. Was your card from the organization itself, or an individual recepiant?

It was from the organization - I thought they had said something that the recipient would send a thank you - but I could be wrong - just getting an acknowledgement was nice :cheer

Agreed, I'll keep my eyes open.

Archived