Red Scarf Project for Valentines Day packages

Sondra

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:cheer WOO HOO! :cheer I got some knitters on the KR to pitch in with their "purls on" to knit some more scarves! :clap

The OFA website says deadline is by January 30th! I think that's an extension (?).

:cheer WOO HOO! :cheer I got some knitters on the KR to pitch in with their "purls on" to knit some more scarves! :clap

The OFA website says deadline is by January 30th! I think that's an extension (?).

:clap :clap :clap :clap WOO HOO is right! What's KR. There is an extension. I've posted it a couple of times after a couple of my recent conversations with Annalisa

:clap :clap :clap :clap WOO HOO is right! What's KR. There is an extension. I've posted it a couple of times after a couple of my recent conversations with Annalisa

KR = Knitters Review http://knittersreview.com/forum/

Ok thanks I see it now! :yay

I noticed that on the Orphans website, they thank FedEx for their support of their Care Package programs (which I think includes the redscarf project). I wonder if anyone could contact FedEx and see if they will ship our scarves at a reduced rate?

I'd be willing to email them, but if someone already had a contact at FedEx, that might help.

I know we can drop them at any Einstein Bro.'s Bagels shop, but the nearest one to me is over 100 miles.:( I'd rather pay postage!!

Lisa

I'm a little late on finding this, but I have some nice cranberry colored yarn that I picked up that ended up not being right for the project I had in mind. I'll make scarves with it and send them on the way as quick as I can. :)

I made one scarf last night. I have another skein of the same yarn, so I'll make another one and mail them out.

I'll make the second one a little thinner. I started it and it looked fine, but then I thought it was a bit too wide. It ended up measuring about 55 inches long. (I know the site said ~60 inches. I hope it's okay.)

FYI - the yarn I used was Bernat Soft Boucle in Dark Rose. The color is much more of a dark red/cranberry color than what you see in the color swatch online.

Here's a link to the Bernat site:

http://www.bernat.com/product.php?LGC=softboucle&SPP=999

Just thought I'd mention that there was little section in the most recent Crochet Me newsletter about this project, too. I'd assume their mailing list is pretty large so hopefully that will get this project some added interest, too.

Thats encouraging. I'll see if I can get an update on the scarf count. I was very concerned when it was well under 500. I hope everyone isn't waiting til the end to ship them in, they won't know how they close they are to their goal if thats the case.

I've seen 2 different addresses for this project. I WILL get to the post office this weekend to mail my scarves. Are both addresses correct - maybe there are lots of addresses. I don't have them handy, but if someone can confirm the right place, I'd appreciate it.

I've seen 2 different addresses for this project. I WILL get to the post office this weekend to mail my scarves. Are both addresses correct - maybe there are lots of addresses. I don't have them handy, but if someone can confirm the right place, I'd appreciate it.

ONLY ONE address is correct: They moved.

Looks like another good project, when I was reading things on the website looks like they have a new address, someone else check to make sure I'm reading correctly, but it looks like anything after Dec 15th should be mailed to :

21351 Gentry Drive

Unit 130

Sterline, VA 20166

Correct?

Searching Family Stories with Sandy

http://schgenealogy.tripod.com/

Just wondering what patterns ya'll are using. I've made a couple of Crabby Cabbie's unnamed scarf, a couple windowpanes...a diaganol.. and am getting burned out. I'm trying to use patterns that either sex might enjoy.

Been surfing on the web.. haven't found much that strikes my fancy at the moment (perhaps I'm scarfed out?). Any suggestions?

Thanks for the address. I would have sent them to the wrong place.

The two that I made aren't from any real pattern. One is just a loose double crochet and the other is mixed stitch stripes.

IMG_2496.jpg

Thanks for the address. I would have sent them to the wrong place.

The two that I made aren't from any real pattern. One is just a loose double crochet and the other is mixed stitch stripes.

IMG_2496.jpg

LOVE the colors on the striped one.

Just wondering what patterns ya'll are using. I've made a couple of Crabby Cabbie's unnamed scarf, a couple windowpanes...a diaganol.. and am getting burned out. I'm trying to use patterns that either sex might enjoy.

Been surfing on the web.. haven't found much that strikes my fancy at the moment (perhaps I'm scarfed out?). Any suggestions?

I actually don't use patterns for scarfs. I wing it. For guys I like simple as I think simple tends to look more masculine. Depending on the yarn you're using. Double Crochets with homespun really doesn't need anything else.

I like combinations of doubles and singles and maybe some spaces for the ladies, but not many as it won't be warm. V stitches are also good for either, add stripes for men.

AHHHH!! i was planning on mailing my last scarves out on monday, but the post office will be closed for MLK day and i'll have to wait till tuesday. i hope they get there in time.:sigh

AHHHH!! i was planning on mailing my last scarves out on monday, but the post office will be closed for MLK day and i'll have to wait till tuesday. i hope they get there in time.:sigh

I think you're in good shape. I believe it's the post mark date they're after by the end of the month.

I'm close to finishing another one today. Just took break, but need to get back to it.

:hook

Got another one finished last night and hoped to start another today, but got jammed up a bit....so tomorrow.

When I spoke to Annalisa yesterday to see if I could a count update, she said she didn't actually have one, she had volunteers opening mail and getting things ready, but knew she wa still most definately in need. AND on the slight chance she went over (which she wasn't anticipating), they could store a small number for next year and or give to another charity. So, nothing will be wasted. It is indeed a annual project. Sooooooooooo, once done with this if you want to do some ahead when yarn is on sale to be ahead of the game for next year....:hook :hook :hook :hook

i mailed one red scarf Thursday. Sorry, I don't have time to do more, but one's better than none.

You're sooooooooo right. It all adds up. And we all do what we can, when we can.

I'm hoping to get 1 more made and ship soon. I've been able to mail 6, got 3 here ready to go. These are items I've been able to carry with me places and work on which is helpful.

You're sooooooooo right. It all adds up. And we all do what we can, when we can.

I'm hoping to get 1 more made and ship soon. I've been able to mail 6, got 3 here ready to go. These are items I've been able to carry with me places and work on which is helpful.

OH forgot, wanted to say it's an ongoing project, in that it's done once a year so if you want to make a few and save them for next year you can do that. We should have a button here like we do for the other cool things we're all working on. Who's the expert at making them?:think

Archived