Hidey Ho from the Shores of Puget Sound!

Tikki

I've been coming here for a couple of weeks now and am thrilled with what I've seen. What a great site!

So I thought I should finally introduce myself and say hello! I've been crocheting for around 25 years now and love to improvise on patterns or design my own. You folks here have convinced me that maybe I can get some of them published. If and when I can get the instructions written so that others can understand them, that is. :P

In September, I entered a doily in the Western Washington Fair, my first attempt ever, and came away with Third Prize. The judges gave me 96 points out of 100, so I'm pretty proud of that. Can't wait to try again next year.

Oh, but you should have seen the Grand Prize Winner! Tiny, tiny stitches in #80 thread! It's no wonder the maker won! Someday, I hope to do such fine work too.

A few years ago, I joined a group that makes hats for cancer patients. They also make afghans for children in emergency housing and prayer scarves for the chapel at the Children's Hospital. They're a wonderful bunch of ladies and through them, hat making has become my passion. I came up with my own design and want to make some to sell, but so far the lion's share go to the chemo patients.

I moved from their area in February and miss the camaraderie of that group. I visited a few weeks ago but it's a little far to do every week. I'd like to start a branch of it here but am a little hesitant in getting it going. Is there anyone in the Burien area who would be interested to get together for this and other crocheting endevours? What you work on doesn't necessarily have to be for charity.

Anyone in the Queen Anne area who has Thursday afternoons free (or even just one once in a while) can be part of the Crafty Ladies of Queen Anne. They meet at the Community Center just off of Queen Anne Avenue from 2-4. They're happy to teach beginners and knitters of all experience levels are welcome too.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forward to getting to know you all better.

Keep on crocheting! Tikki :hook

Hi Tikki...welcome to the fold...I saw that you posted in the Pacific North-Wet thread...I'll be back for a couple of months in the spring...

Archived