A doily with a 3D-optic in Elisa thread size 20

Veronika Rohrhofer

In my other crochet group a member posted a photo from a doily asking if any one knows where to find the pattern. Some members of the group now started to work from this photo (and also I did). I think with the doily in Elisa thread size 20 in ecru I came close to this doily on the photo. I first tried it in Elsia thread siize 20 in yellow. As the copyright regulations are not clear I will not post any pattern. Here are my two doilies in 3D-optic:

post-71583-0-04719900-1446024186_thumb.jpgpost-71583-0-28301800-1446024152_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Anyone know how can I get the pattern for this one please?

I am sorry, Camelia, I only had a photo to work from, no written pattern. To my knowledge the original pattern was issued in a Japanese Crochet book.

My latest version is made in sewing thread and it is bigger, but I am still working on some improvements to my handwritten notices.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I realize this post is over a year old, but I just ran across it over the past week and have been dying to take a stab at it.  This is the first time I have crocheted anything without a diagram or pattern.  Below is what I was able to come up with based on your work.  It is 15.5 inches diameter, made with Lydia 10 and a 1.80mm steel hook.  I tend to be a bit tight on stitches.  That might be because I am a guy, or just my lack of experience.  And yes, I realize I need to block it.  ;-)

BTW, where do you find your patterns?  Your stuff is absolutely the most beautiful I have ever seen!

post-78907-0-75040200-1481760765_thumb.jpg

I realize this post is over a year old, but I just ran across it over the past week and have been dying to take a stab at it.  This is the first time I have crocheted anything without a diagram or pattern.  Below is what I was able to come up with based on your work.  It is 15.5 inches diameter, made with Lydia 10 and a 1.80mm steel hook.  I tend to be a bit tight on stitches.  That might be because I am a guy, or just my lack of experience.  And yes, I realize I need to block it.  ;-)

BTW, where do you find your patterns?  Your stuff is absolutely the most beautiful I have ever seen!

My doily patterns come from English (Crochet Monthly - discontinued), German (Diana Filethaekeln, HaekelDeckchen, Filethaekeln leicht gemacht, Die Masche) and Japanese Crochet Books. As I collect them I have hundreds of books. Sometimes I find  some books on ebay.de which I miss in my collection. In the near future (have not found a computer based design program yet) I will design my own patterns. 

Archived