Mrs. Peeps and the Peepettes

Tampa Doll

I am now into making peeps.  The other day when I finished the tote for April, I wanted to make a peep or 2 to go with it.  So off to the hunt I went.

I found one pattern I bought, but it was a hat.  I am in the process of trying to change it over by using thread.  I also found a free one on Ravelry and I did one in ww yarn and three in thread.  So does anyone want a peep?  No sugar and no calories.

Meet Mrs. Peep and the Peepettes.

post-105-0-57154600-1426878606_thumb.jpg   Close-ups

Thank you all.  I had to laugh yesterday, as when we were in the store, they had boxes of peeps.  The funny part was they had a stuffed peep on top of the box.

These are fun to make.

Those are so cute!

We love all the new Peeps flavors. Now there is even a sour watermelon flavor which is really tasty but they are eaten very quickly in our household. The chocolate flavor is our favorite one.

Everlasting peeps are the best!-lol

I am just wondering why are they being called "Peeps"?? LOL. Dos that name got something to do with chickens? or ducks?.

Krys

They are little marshmallow chicks.  That is the brand name for them.  When you see a lot of baby chickens you call them peeps, cause that is the sound they make.  My opinion anyway., 

I like them best when they are stale, but unfortunately down here they do not get stale unless you put them in the fridge.

Your little peep family is sooo cute :manyheart  but I'm afraid that they have now triggered "my peep addiction".  :ohdear I love the stale ones too.When I get home with a package, I  will open it, place a towel over it, and sit it on top of the fridge where it's warm so they can "dry out" BUT... sometimes...they just don't get the chance.  :D

Thank you Mary Jo:)

Now I know that they are baby chicks LOL. They do look like baby chicks or even a baby ducklings. I know them I use to buy them for my kids. The only thing what was puzzling me it was that name "Peep's". I wasn't sure if there is some kind of story behind that ?.

I am a sucker for old story's:). In Poland there were a long story's almost about everything...:). And they usually were told by our grandmothers. Those Polish grandmothers, they knew them all! :)

Krys

Thank you Mary Jo:)

Now I know that they are baby chicks LOL. They do look like baby chicks or even a baby ducklings. I know them I use to buy them for my kids. The only thing what was puzzling me it was that name "Peep's". I wasn't sure if there is some kind of story behind that ?.

I am a sucker for old story's:). In Poland there were a long story's almost about everything... :). And they usually were told by our grandmothers. Those Polish grandmothers, they knew them all! :)

Krys

I don't know the actual story of how Peeps got their name, but I can guess that whoever designed them probably called them peeps for the sound they make when they're babies.  Guess that's something we'll have to "Google"!

Those are adorably hilarious!  I love them!    :lol

I miss my tote terribly!  My hubby and I were the victims of a home invasion in January and they not only pistol-whipped my poor hubby and pushed me down onto the floor and part way up under the couch, they grabbed everything electronic they could get their hands on and my brand new tablet was sitting on the couch, I had it sticking out of my Crochetville tote and they TOOK THE WHOLE TOTE!!  Of course I am more thankful that my hubby is OK, but I loved my tote so much, and I had just gotten the tablet from my hubby for Christmas last year and less than a month after I got it, it was stolen from me.   :cry   We figured that was the last straw, we moved from the apartment we had lived in for the last 12 years to a small town about 25 miles south of us.  We like it here and we are right on the bay, so it's nice to be able to sit and watch the dolphins play, but every time I think of what they took from me I could cry.  Of ALL the things, my brand new tablet and my Crochetville tote!!   :cry There's a special place in you-know-where for those people.   :(

I am sorry to hear that. Thank God that you & your husband are ok.

That tote is probably not a big problem. Since you can crochet you will be able to crochet that tote or two:).

Happy crocheting:)

Krys

I am sorry to hear that. Thank God that you & your husband are ok.

That tote is probably not a big problem. Since you can crochet you will be able to crochet that tote or two:).

Happy crocheting:)

Krys

It will be easier to replace the tablet than the tote.  The tote was a gift to me from MaryJo (Tampa Doll), it was one of the monthly Crochetville totes that she makes and gives away each month.  I will certainly miss it.  It held a TON of yarn and was great for all kinds of projects.   :cry

It will be easier to replace the tablet than the tote.  The tote was a gift to me from MaryJo (Tampa Doll), it was one of the monthly Crochetville totes that she makes and gives away each month.  I will certainly miss it.  It held a TON of yarn and was great for all kinds of projects.   :cry

I do know that Mary Jo makes those totes. I have seen pictures in her Photo Album of all of them... they are very nice:). I seen them the first day I sign up here. You did sounded that you were "attached" to that bag. You probably will never get that back. That was just an idea that you could crochet your own:). For all that yarn & other stuff..it would still do the job:).

Krys

Ellie so sorry to here about your trouble.  It still amazes me that we can not even be safe in our own homes.  So sorry about the electronics and the tote.

Sounds like you have a nice place.  Little to close to the water for me, but it sounds nice.

Ellie so sorry to here about your trouble.  It still amazes me that we can not even be safe in our own homes.  So sorry about the electronics and the tote.

Sounds like you have a nice place.  Little to close to the water for me, but it sounds nice.

Thanks, MaryJo.  We now live about 25 miles south of where we were.  It's a great little town, we love being by the water and we have a really pretty waterfront with lots of beautiful piers for sitting on and fishing from.  Dolphins play in the bay all the time, it's amazing to sit and watch them!  We switched churches because it's too far to go all the way back to Bay City every Sunday, especially since we don't have a car right now, but we have a wonderful new preacher and he refers to our town as "Jimmy Buffet's back yard."  Our apartment is 10 blocks from the bay, and they are small suburban-y blocks.  We can walk to the bay in 15 minutes.  It's SO nice on a warm evening to take a stroll down to the bay after dinner and sit on the pier and watch them fish while I crochet.  A perfect way to relax!  

We had been at the hotel for 12 years, and while it really was sad to leave, after our home was invaded there was really nothing of the "old" place left as far as we were concerned, it was just no longer safe there.  We would have ended up moving anyway because the hotel had been sold and the new owner was slowly but surely releasing all of the old employees and bringing his own people in, but this just hastened our departure along a little bit.  Of all the totes for me to have had my tablet sitting in, though, I have to have 6 or 8 of them, but it couldn't have been one of my cheapie WalMart totes, NOOOOOOO, it just HAD to be my Crochetville tote that they grabbed.  May they burn for all eternity for that.  I cry every time I think of it.   :cry

Archived