4 Calling Birds

Tampa Doll

I bought a crochet crochet magazine called Holiday Crochet, click down and you will see the magazine.  On the front cover were 4 bird ornaments.  Inside they were called 4 calling birds.  There is also one in Love of Knitting Holiday knits.  The same pattern, only knitted.

I have made 3 of the birds, as I am waiting for the felt to make the titmouse.

Here are the Cardinal, the Goldfinch and the Bluebird.

post-105-0-99584100-1421766971_thumb.jpg  Twirling pics.

I was waiting to see the birds you were talking about before. I could guess they would be pretty, but they turned out absolutely precious! They are lovely  and I have to put them on my TO DO list  :clap  I'd love to try them  :yes

They are really cute! :)

I had an idea last year but I never got to that. That was to buy couple or few small decorative white wire cages and crochet couple little birds for each. Maybe a nice butterfly (siding on that cage). And tie a big festive bow to that cage. I thought that would make a very nice Christmas gifts:)

Just another idea..I have many of them.. LOL.

One of those birds would need be a cardinal. That bird is red it would go great with Christmas colors:)

Krys

Thank you all.  These are really fun and easy to make.  They are made with sports weight yarn and a D hook.  The red one is a Cardinal.  I just got my orange felt, so I can now make the titmouse.  I will post that when I have it done.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived