Pinkie Pie

AngelRoseLite

A very generous fairy godmother gifted me this pattern some time ago, and I finally got around to making it and finishing it.  Start to finish was about a month.  You see, I wanted it to be a surprise for a little four-year-old niece that I live with.  Can you imagine how hard that is, especially when she thinks my room is her favorite place to play?  I had the pony all assembled and stuffed, only needed to add the eyes and cutie mark, when she found it in my closet!  I let my guard down for a second, and look what it got me.  I somehow convinced her that it was for another little girl.  Another week later, I had gotten the supplies I needed and finished her up.  I've made it a little tradition to leave her crocheted gifts right outside her bedroom door.  She woke me up when she found it :lol  I'm happy that she was happy.  She has made a list of the other ponies she wants me to make.  What have I gotten myself into?!

post-44469-0-52131700-1413276637_thumb.jpgpost-44469-0-41369400-1413276641_thumb.jpgpost-44469-0-15926100-1413276645_thumb.jpgpost-44469-0-75815000-1413276648_thumb.jpgpost-44469-0-88877800-1413276652_thumb.jpgpost-44469-0-72099500-1413276683_thumb.jpg

Added 10/25/14:  Picture showing rosettes on beginning of tail.  I reinforced the part where it attached to the body because it seemed too weak to me.  I added rosettes to make her more pretty :)  Oh, and she wanted her other small ponies to be photographed to; so there you go :lol

post-44469-0-68592100-1414267972_thumb.jpg

Your niece is so cute and it looks like she is thrilled with the pony!

I can imagine it being annoying to put together, what with all the pieces, but you did an amazing job! :)

Thanks, everyone!

It looks like you were lucky that she let it go for pictures. It is adorable. You have just put yourself in the favorite Aunt category.

The pony and your niece are adorable.

:lol She only allowed it because she was there. Later I tried to borrow it. The section where the tail meets the body was too weak, in my opinion. She was sometimes holding it by the tail. I was going to fix it at my crafting group meeting, but she would start to hand it over and then take it back. It was like a tug of war! Her mom took it and gave it to me, I left, and later I found out she cried herself to sleep. Oh, no! I had fixed it, but to make it up to her, I added rosettes to the tail and mane. She forgave me. You hit it right on the nose, Tampa Doll! I should have known better.

I remember my oldest grandson.  When he was little he loved firetrucks.  We were buying him one and he almost wouldn't let it go so they could scan it in. Actually if I remember she picked him up and let him scan it in.  As long as he could see it, he was ok.

I am sure it is adorable with the rosettes in the tail and mane

I remember my oldest grandson.  When he was little he loved firetrucks.  We were buying him one and he almost wouldn't let it go so they could scan it in. Actually if I remember she picked him up and let him scan it in.  As long as he could see it, he was ok.

I am sure it is adorable with the rosettes in the tail and mane

:lol  How cute!  When a kid really likes something, you know it.  I will take pictures of it with the rosettes -- if she lets me ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes, I am married to a Brony, and his favorite ponies are Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie.  But he's only 53... LOL

Your Pinkie Pie looks fantastic!!!  I'm not very good at making stuffies, so I'm always appreciative of those that can - and you did such a superb job!

I made my husband a "scoodie" in the style of Rainbow Dash - he loves it!  

Yes, I am married to a Brony, and his favorite ponies are Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. But he's only 53... LOL

Your Pinkie Pie looks fantastic!!! I'm not very good at making stuffies, so I'm always appreciative of those that can - and you did such a superb job!

I made my husband a "scoodie" in the style of Rainbow Dash - he loves it!

How fun! Making amis has been quite a learning experience. Crocheting is easy. Putting them together is the difficult part. I've learned little by little.

Your scoodie sounds great! I love that you made one for your Brony. He's a lucky guy :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived