where's your favorite (s) places to crochet

Almost any place I happen to be--in the passenger seat of our van, at lunch in our Senior Center, in the doctor's office, in Menard's (Yes!  I sit in the patio furniture section--and several of the clerks come and visit with me!!) at home (of course!) while visiting with friends (they know me and accept my ways, thankfully!) and just anywhere I can drag my work out!!

I love sitting in bed with a good movie with my hook and yarn. Super relaxing and I can keep going until I get sleepy. I'll be crocheting this weekend during the Grammys!

In my comfy glider chair in the living room or (and this will sound silly) on the little wooden stool in our bathroom. My 8 year old has a seizure disorder and can only take baths is someone is in the room with her. So I try to keep some sort of little project that I can do while I"m sitting in there. I do look forward to the day when she's willing to do showers. I also like to take something with me to work on while the girlies are in dance class.

At home on the couch or in bed watching a movie, in the car, at relatives houses, at my sons sports games, doctors office, and at shows (fairs and the like). Generally if I can take it with me, it is. :0)

Usually curled up in my woman cave (third bedroom converted into my little sanctuary) first, then outside on the roofed over patio during the good weather, at hobby club and prayer shawl meetings, while puppy sitting, basically anywhere I can take it.

LI Roe

I like to crochet while sitting in my comfy chair in my living room while my sweet husband watches television.  I love to crochet at work when I have a minute of downtime, it has started lots of interesting conversations with my coworkers and several of them have become so interested in crochet that they have learned and are making their own projects now.

I do most of my crocheting in my living room, while watching tv and winding down for the night. I do prefer to sit on the floor rather than the couch, however, because that's where the space heater's at (I  :manyheart being warm). 

LOL- Anywhere! Really. My big chair in front of the TV, in the pickup truck or car, at the doc's office, at the daughter's houses, on the patio swing or rocker on the front patio. I've even crocheted while in the hospital.

Today while sitting in the pickup truck, waiting for the hubster to come out of the store I was working on some Tunisian crochet when a lady was walking by and stopped dead in her tracks and said, "What in the world kind of knitting is that?". Scared me to death since I was so engrossed in making sure I counted stitches correctly. I explained about Tunisian crochet and she said she had to get some of those since she was a crocheter and a knitter. Gotta' keep the fiber arts alive and well, even if one gets spooked by a stranger's excitement to see something new to them. LOL

Isn't it amazing how people strike up a conversation with you when you're crocheting in public?!  I "worried" a little when I first started doing that, afraid someone would think I was "weird"!  Not to worry!  People are always stopping and asking me what I'm "knitting"!  Of course, there are quite a few people who KNOW I'm crocheting too!  Almost everyone who stops, starts a conversation with me!  I LOVE it!  And I don't worry anymore about it being "weird"!

I love to crochet sitting on our couch with my Jack Russell mix Isabel on my lap (usually under whatever I'm making).  My creations come with built-in dog hair. ;)  The last time I was crocheting in the doctor's waiting room, I glanced over a couple of seats and another woman was doing the same.  We had a nice conversation.  I tend to take my project tote bag with me to any waiting room. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As of recently, I have found that I fully enjoy to crochet in a no arm high back dinner chair that is kitty corner to my husband. I find that is the most comfortable place for me to sit so that I can see everything & that if my husband should get into any trouble I am able to be right where I need to be!

Archived