Snowflakes

Rebecka C

Ooh, pretty! I especially like the fimbul and salmon glacier ones. What size yarn do you use?

I mostly use size 10 crochet thread, but you can use any size you want. However, when I use a thicker yarn, the snowflakes tend to be a bit too "bulky" for my taste.

I'm so glad you like them! There are many more to come ;) . They are kinda addictive….  ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Rebecka, your snowflakes are exquisite and all very distinctive.  I never thought to use variegated thread but after seeing yours I will give that a try.  Also it is pleasing to see so "finished" a look to your pieces.  Do you block your snowflakes?  Are they stiffened as well?

Barbara

Thank you Rebecka for sharing such sweet snowflake patterns. I also enjoyed the photos with your beautiful scenery. I will be going back often to visit your blog.

• 2 weeks later...

Rebecka, your snowflakes are exquisite and all very distinctive.  I never thought to use variegated thread but after seeing yours I will give that a try.  Also it is pleasing to see so "finished" a look to your pieces.  Do you block your snowflakes?  Are they stiffened as well?

Barbara

Thanks for your kind words, Barbara! Yes, I block them! I use about a million pins, and white glue. As soon as the weather gets a little bit better (we got way too much snow), I'm going to spray them with water repellant and hang them in my apple tree. Can't wait 'til spring :)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived