Getting Started on Gifts for 2014

judianne

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I be better late than never? :) I just found this thread and would love to join in. I've been working on so many things lately, a lot of them for swaps. I've done two swaps here. First one was Starts with a....  and I have to tell you, that's such a fun swap! If you've never done it, give it a try! For that one, For that one, I made an owl basket, owl keychain, kitty amigurumi, and I can't remember what else. My last swap (fave color), I made a shawl and 3 scarves. Got on a roll with those scarves and just couldn't stop. For an Easter gift, I made a basket with a bunny and made a pink ruffle scarf to use instead of grass. I made a floral thread bracelet and put it on the head for garland.  It turned out really cute.

post-64954-0-01455000-1398254600_thumb.jpg  Those eyes are kind of freaky looking in the picture; maybe I should go with safety eyes next time, lol.

I tested a pattern for a little owl and posed him in another basket I made

post-64954-0-96584400-1398254711_thumb.jpg It's a free pattern http://myshanonigans.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/little-striped-owl2.pdf. It's adorable!

Here's a hat I made post-64954-0-17211000-1398255256_thumb.jpg.http://lovestitches.blogspot.com/2011/11/pattern-crochet-hat-for-my-mom.html

I've also done some jar cozies, a market bag, fridgies, booties and caps for the babies in my life (lots of great great nieces and nephews). I'm almost finished with a little dress for one of them, will post pic when I'm done.

Next I am planning on making something for me (what?????)....yes, me, something I think we crocheters seldom do. THEN I will start on my Christmas list!

welcome, Jan!!  What beautiful work you've done.

Alas, my goal of making thread bookmarks is a no go. My old eyes can't do thread any more.

Oh., well..less UFO's in the pile, I guess!

I DID finish  a RR baby gift as well as a top-down shawl for myself, though. Let me hunt up the pics and post them here....

Alas, my goal of making thread bookmarks is a no go. My old eyes can't do thread any more.

Oh., well..less UFO's in the pile, I guess!

I have the same problem. I haven't given away all my thread yet because I have an Easter basket pattern that I bought that I haven't tried yet. It's for an individual egg, so I hope I can manage something small. I've wondered about getting one of those big magnifying glasses.  I love the colors in your shawl.

Jan, lots of nice projects! You've really been busy.

Hubby and I made a trip down to South Padre this weekend, so I took along a couple of projects. It was about an 8 hour drive from Waco, so I was able to finish a dress for my great niece and a hat for someone, haven't really decided yet. 

I just love those Oasis wraps. So pretty!

I dropped off the Alpaca yarn infinity scarves at the school today for Teacher Appreciation week.

I gave them to the three women who run the IB office who have been helping my son (and our family) along through the IB program for the last four years.

One went to his French teacher who taught him for all four years - the only teacher who had him all four years.

One went to the teacher he had for three years for Gov't/Economics and two years of Psychology.

I gave a non crocheted gift  certificate to the teacher

who, along with his wife , was the faculty advisor for the academic team my son was on for four years as well as his physics teacher for two years. I thought he would like a dinner out with his wife rather than an infinity scarf :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived