Getting Started on Gifts for 2014

judianne

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was sorting through old patterns and found some for thread bookmarks....and they're easy ones...so back to last years plan which I never enacted: making bookmarks for my book club peeps for Decembers party!

I finished my Crochetville Games challenge and posted the picture today.

American Girl Coat

I promised myself I am switching to ami's in March, which works out well since I just signed up for the ami swap.  I have a magician's bunny to make for an April Fool's birthday.  I also need to make a few more Easter ami's.  I have a bunny set that I'd love to make and a cowboy ducky that would be cute.  Then hopefully I'll be back to doll mode again.  Although I do have some spring birthdays that are ami related and I need to start putting away the Halloween and Christmas ami's too.  That's why I've been pushing the doll donation stuff so hard now.  Once I switch its hard to get back.

I posted another doll project I finished on my blog.

Baby doll sweater, pants, hat and booties

I'm rethinking my March ami projects.  I still am doing the swap, but I got a call last night that my Easter and Spring project gift people may be making a big move.  I still may make the small Easter items.  However, I'm thinking of holding off on the special item for Christmas since I suspect it won't make the move.

I posted another doll project I finished on my blog.

Baby doll sweater, pants, hat and booties

I'm rethinking my March ami projects. I still am doing the swap, but I got a call last night that my Easter and Spring project gift people may be making a big move. I still may make the small Easter items. However, I'm thinking of holding off on the special item for Christmas since I suspect it won't make the move.

smart thinking, Bailey! And the doll outfit is cute!

I haven't found lots of doll projects that work well on the knitting looms, but the blue knifty knitter makes great doll 18" doll hats using the same pattern as the one they give you for the basic hat.

Today's posting resulted from a yarn purchase that was too good to be true.  Then I had to find a way to use it.

American Girl Winter Clothes

Bailey, that's adorable!!

I haven't started my bookmarks yet....have a big trip planned in March so will calm down afterwards enough to putter again!

Switching over to ami's soon.  I think I'm going to start with Cowboy Ducky for one of my Easter projects.  Then I need to find out what my swap partner would like.  I still have one 18" project I want to finish before switching over.  I have a bad habit of not finishing the doll clothes when I leave them and think I'll come back later.

Today I posted the picture of 5" doll that is finally dressed to go with the Moses Basket.  The basket was a bit of work, but the outfit was really quick to work up.

Itty Bitty Baby Bunting

Our tech high school's business program runs a charity toy drive every Christmas.  I love this program because the business students learn  about charities and how they work while running the program and the kids get the toys.  So it is kind of like helping two good causes at once.  I got a really neat thank you computer printed card this year with some of the students and teachers on the cover with a pile of wrapped and unwrapped gifts in a pile around them. 

It takes me a year to generate the clothes to fit all the dolls.  There are always other things that come up, so I try to get a jump in the winter and then sometime in the late summer and fall I seem to panic and finish up. :yes   The items seem to be due earlier every year.  This past year I barely had until the beginning of Dec to drop off.  They were actually looking for stuff in November.  It's a good thing I called to get the date.

I'm going to make the girls little bunnies for Easter. I'd like to make them each an Easter dress for a dolly, but we'll see if I can get that far. I do know that it will be all with yarn I already have! I'm already building up way too big a stash of leftovers!

I have all of three wash cloths done. Nothing special. HDc and DC and one granny square. lol  But picked up more cotton yarn so well be making more. I have been working on a granny coat for someone and have decided my neighbor well get it. She wont wear it in public I am sure but it beats that ratty sweeter she wears around the house. lol Just what I well tell her too.  

Well soon get started on the knifty knitter sock money hat/scarf sets since it is starting to warm up and can't work on the big ripples in the summer time. Never done three of anything the same. Hope I can do them fast enough I don't get bored.

I finished the last of my 18" donation projects for a while this weekend and moved on to gift ami's.  I still have to get a bunch of doll pictures posted.  I loved this little baby doll dress and still have another one to make for the second baby doll when I get back to doll dresses.

Baby Doll Dress

Good morning!  I keep trying to get to my Christmas projects and things keep coming along to side track me.  Right now I am trying to finish up a dress that is going to my booth this weekend and plan the perfect swap package for my ami swap partner.  I think a slouch hat is next up on my hooks after that and it will be the first to be marked off of my Christmas list.  What is everyone else working on this morning?

Bailey, it's very cute. You are on a roll!!

Hi, Christie! I'm not up to much craft wise. Getting my house in order so I can go to France in two days with a girlfriend and have a clear conscience. Will be away six days and hubby is staying home with the two furples.

You sound like you have a nice, specific list. After I get back I hope to get started on the bookmarks I want to make.

Hi, Christie! I'm not up to much craft wise. Getting my house in order so I can go to France in two days with a girlfriend and have a clear conscience. Will be away six days and hubby is staying home with the two furples.

Ooh, what fun! That's worth cleaning house for!

I had to work on taxes this morning, but hopefully there will be crochet time this afternoon. I'm going to start on a dress for GD.

Archived