Getting Started on Gifts for 2014

judianne

My coworkers surprised me with a gift of three skeins of Deborah Norville yarn and a bag of Hershey chocolate.

BEST GIFT EVER!

I made these ornaments for them as a thank you.

They are cute!

I was going to give this as a Christmas present, but it seems like it would be better to wait for his birthday.  Either way it's done.

Mary Maxim Car Blanket

I know he'll love it!

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bailey, that blanket is adorable! Is it still scratchy? I put blankets in the wash and use fabric softener and then they go in the dryer...it helps.

Bailey, that blanket is adorable! Is it still scratchy? I put blankets in the wash and use fabric softener and then they go in the dryer...it helps.

I suspect it will soften up.  It just bothered me the kit came with this yarn.  It was rough on the hands while I was working with it and I'd have preferred a softer yarn.

Thanks, ladies!

We are a small but faithful group. I'm imagining all your hard work being greeted by squeals of joy when opened on Christmas!

The reviews are in. All handmade gifts were well recieved. I am in for next year. I am thinking about slippers this year. Also some bookmarks and market bags. But there are other projects not related to christmas that I want to do first.

Sounds good for 2015. I have some things I want to work on for charity, so this will keep me from getting lazy...lol!

I made and just sent a pair of fingerless mitts as barter to a joung woman with an Etsy store - she's making me a gemstone yoga bracelet in return. And I'm trying to make another pair for a friend - we get together in January for our December birthdays and Christmas celebration.

I want to make a blanket for a middle school fundraiser at the end of March - I just need to decide how complicated I want to make my life and that will dictate what pattern I use! It will either be school colors in a round ripple or a graph ghan with the face of a Husky dog on it along with the owrd HUSKIES (the school mascot and name of all the teams). I thought that one blanket with impact might generate more of a biiding war. I'll see. There is a graph ghan i want to make for myself, too, in the moddle of all this.

April is another fundraiser - I already have a few blankets made for that.

so...long story short....I'll start up another thread for 2015!

I want to make a set of crochet food for my girlies for their playing house and picnic - I'm thinking for Easter baskets. I'd also like to make an afghan for my mom - purples with a bit of green in it. Beyond that, we'll see what happens. I'd like to do something small to go along with Christmas gifts, but I don't have any thoughts yet.

Archived