Getting Started on Gifts for 2014

judianne

The blue is Red Heart Blue Bayou. It is darker than the photograph.

I don't think I've ever heard ot it before! Some shades of blue are incredible...and I have the same problem with taking pictures of projects....some colors never show up the right way.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning. Will less than 60 days left how are the gifts coming along?

I am currently side tracked with finishing an afghan that someone else started. It is an American flag and I need to do the stars. So far I have 27 made and 5 of those are sewn onto the blanket.

A few little gifts for my friend's mom who is in an assisted living place. I talked to her last week and she mentioned the place was not too cheery. I hope these gifts brighten her day.

You are so sweet! Those gifts will really cheer the place up!

I am currently side tracked with finishing an afghan that someone else started. It is an American flag and I need to do the stars. So far I have 27 made and 5 of those are sewn onto the blanket.

Well, I'm way behind. I didn't even have very ambitious plans. I thought I'd give my 5 grandsons, my son, son-in-law and hubby all hats for Christmas. I can make a hat in an evening. So far I've made two little boys hats.......

Please, don't tell us this on a Monday morning!!!!

I can't believe it's so close. Where did the summer, and Sept and Oct go??

My list actually isn't looking too bad. I won't be getting any other large things done, already have the hats done, and would like to get some scarves made. I'm trying to get the right mind set to make a puzzle ball for my GD--I just hate small things that have to be put together.

Mona, are you talking about those amamani puzzle balls? I noticed that pattern book on facebook a while back. They certainly look neat, I'm just not sure that I have the patience for those, but they would sure be a unique gift.

ETA: just did a Google search and noticed that Ravellry has a free Amish puzzle ball pattern. I might give that a try one of these days. It would be a good gift for our 15 month old grandson.

More searching..found a kiwi bird puzzle ball, an octopus, a flowery one.....guess I won't need to buy a pattern to try these.

Morning all!

Cindy, I'm sure you'll get the hats finished in no time at all!

I promised DS a second hat so he can change off. Theis one will be gray with black stripes, since I have lots of leftover yarn from the first one...lol!

I finished a UFO from last year. I saw an indoor snowball fight in a catalog for about $25 . Of couse I knew I could make one for a fraction of that. Here it is. Photo taken on my new Nook tablet. I just can't decide who to gift it to. I may keep it.

post-23494-0-01042100-1416181699_thumb.jpg

Hi ladies, I've been following the thread, but haven't been posting much lately.  Thankfully, I have been getting a few things finished, just not posting much.  Trying to get caught up.

Today I'm selfishly sharing something for me.  I made these as a gift several years ago, but really had a hard time sending them away.  This year I finally got around to making a replacement set for DH and I.

Pilgrim Bears

We should never think of it as being selfish when we want to make something for ourselves!!!

This pilgrim bears are too cute....

So.....how is everyone else doing on their gifts with about a month to go?

I finished up the last of my Thanksgiving decorations and have got to get cranking on my Christmas stuff.

Peter and Patty Pilgrim

I was almost through the front of a Christmas stocking when I realized next to the giant ones my Mom makes this thing could fit inside the ones she has made for two of the other kids, so I need to go back and find something that matches it or there will be a child with its nose out of joint.  Then I have to decide what to do for the other one.  Her knitted stocking seem to work out so nicely.  Not as easy in crochet.

Your pilgrims are adorable, both the bears and the people.  As soon as I can get pictures I will show the angel pins I am making to give away.

I have been reading here, but not posting.  It is fun to see what everyone is making.

Here are the pins I have been making.  I give them to the group I see every three months for blood work (hoping they will take it easy on me).  My Dr.'s nurses and of course they go in my Christmas Cards.

post-105-0-48751200-1416933039_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-37952500-1416933049_thumb.jpg

Archived