Help! Opinions needed!

Many of you know that my daughter joined the Army. Well she is currently at her Advanced Individual Training (AIT) and i am making min Christmas stockings for her class. I decided to experiment with some scraps of Blacklight yarn and i am not sure i it is Christmas enough. What do you think?

post-9809-0-39200400-1384482438_thumb.jpg

It's cute..and will be appreicated..in any color. About 5 years ago my ex-marine son was deployed---I made him a camo stocking with all the ports he went while on deployment embrodiered on it....figured he'd save it as a keepsake.

• 2 weeks later...

Cute! I think camo is good for the army. I have made many Christmas stockings in many "requested" colors. The oridginal "stockings" were whatever sock you had, after Christmas you went back to wearing them. I remember my mom's stocking was a red/maroonish knee-high sock from her childhood (she took it from her cousin). It's the meaning behind it that counts.

Ellie 13

Well i took a picture of it and texted it to my daughter she and a few other loved it. I did change the cuff to white and it makes it look more holiday. I love the pattern so much that i am going to be making many of them for a group i am a member of that sends boxes to deployed soldiers and some who are just far from home. I figure at the rate of one or two a day i will have hundreds for next year.

Archived