Dr.'s Doll

Tampa Doll

My Dr of 15 yrs is leaving the practice and going somewhere else.  She has been a very good Dr and a very nice person.

I wanted to give her something to remember us by.  I made this doll in both gree and white.  We decided to give her the white one, as she is a Dr.  They are suppose to be Christmas Trees.

The first picture is both dolls and the second is the one Dr. Santos was given as a good-bye :waving  and  good-luck.

post-105-0-05637200-1377190065_thumb.jpg

post-105-0-80729700-1377190079_thumb.jpg

Just recently got the book on these dolls. Was wondering which thread you use. I was considering the omega brand of thread.

I always have a large ball of Aunt Lydia's white around.  I am never without it.  The green this time happens to also be Aunt Lydia's.  I have a combo of Aunt Lydia, South Maid, DMC and America's best. 

Aunt Lydia's was used this time.

Thank you all. I am trying to make the pumpkin one next in the pattern.  I hope to have them all made soon.

I also like the white one better, but the green is great for tradition.

I did do something different than the pattern.  I crocheted the gold balls into the scallops, instead of  sewing each one one.  Did I tell you I hate sewing? :rofl 

Every time I see the ad for those I immediately think of you.  I like the the white one the best, it just looks so elegant with the white and gold.  Sorry you are losing your Dr.  It seems like its kind of hard to find one you really like.

Beautiful outfit no matter the color! The beads pop out more in the white and I agree the white one is more fitting for a doctor but the green one is also pretty.

I hope she referred you to another good doctor or that someone good is taking over her practice.

You always make people happy and I'm sure your Dr loved your gift. I like both outfits - the white is more universal I think and as you said - the green is for tradition.

I can't wait to see your pumpkin :)

Archived