Heart Baby Afghan in Teri

I usually avoid squares after doing one gigantic project using them...so many many many ends! That is just gorgeous though and looks well worth the effort. I just adore the ruffle :)

Thank you Michelle. It's on the cover of a Leisure Arts Little Book called Snuggletime Baby Afghans. It called for sportweight yarn, but I really wanted to use Baby Teri b/c I had seen one on a baby at the mall and it was done this way - and I really liked it! But since the Teri is worsted weight, it would have been huge. So I made mine 2 large squares across by 3 large squares length. It was supposed to be 3 by 4. I also modified the order of colors on the border, and put a row of white between each color on the border. It's a an easy pattern to modify though. My nearby Michael's didn't have this booklet, but my neighbor found it for me at a Michael's on the other side of the city. I recently saw this leaflet at our new AC Moore too.

I love what you did! :cheer In fact, I printed the picture and what changes you made. I think when I finish the granny I am working on, I may try that. What size hook did you switch to when you used the terry yarn?

Thanks!

Stitchinpick

wow, that is an absolutely beautiful blanket.

im telling you,weaving in ends is a real turn off for me....im on the lazy side i think...so i havent done any blankets yet that require being put together....but that really does look worth the effort!

Archived