Birthstone - 18" doll

darski

This is my May project for my Y group Calendar CAL. 

I went in this direction because we always had so many birthdays in May. :wlol

My camera could not produce the correct colours for the yarn so the swatch pics are included in the pattern.

post-4896-0-85291100-1367850328_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-92654600-1367850330_thumb.jpg

post-4896-0-92301300-1367850331_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-73530300-1367850332_thumb.jpg

The PDF is here:

May-Birthstone.pdf

:cheer

• Like 4

What a great outfit! Those pieces can be used in so many ways, too.

Love that ice cream cone eraser, good idea, and looks good enough to eat, too!

What a great outfit! Those pieces can be used in so many ways, too.

Love that ice cream cone eraser, good idea, and looks good enough to eat, too!

Yes, I like that they could be used in bits and pieces with other pattern bits.  I like to share and blend.

I got some great erasers that day; now I will always check in there at my $ store.

• 7 months later...

I love your patterns! My granddaughter is always happy to get a new outfit for her doll.

Thank you.  it is the thought of all the girls big and small who enjoy the patterns that is behind them. :)

I don't know how I missed this.  I love the color and the outfit.  I have made several of yours and find them so easy to follow and when I did have a question, you were able to help.

I don't know how I missed this.  I love the color and the outfit.  I have made several of yours and find them so easy to follow and when I did have a question, you were able to help.

Thank you.  Your opinion is very important to me.  You know your way around dolls >wlol

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...

I love your patterns but I'm having so much trouble joining my pants legs together. Somewhere I've missed something. It says to join with 6 sc, ch 1. and ect. Do the 6 sc go in one stitch. I'm kind of new at this. I noticed all of your patterns I love have pants that says about the same thing. I need help, I guess in understanding patterns. Please can you help me. I love your doll clothes.

Welcome to the 'ville!  I'm not the designer Darski, but this is how I'm reading her pattern:

The legs are 2 separate tubes made by following the directions for rounds 1-10 once for the first leg, breaking the yarn, repeating 1-10 again for the second leg without breaking the yarn.  The 'torso' here is from crotch to waist.  You join the 2 leg tubes with 6 stitches that create the crotch seam, front to back (I assume the increases in the 'tubes' are at the back side, which she tells you to mark).  Then you will be working around the outside of the 2 tubes, but not in a circle but in a figure 8 pattern (so the 6 crotch stitches aren't worked into), to form the torso area.  

I hope that makes sense.

Edit, to clarify the figure 8; when you hand write an 8, you make it in 1 stroke so to speak, crossing over the lines.  In this case, you are working around the perimeter of the 8, sort of like this: each () is a leg.  The horizontal line is the crotch seam, just to show it's position, you won't be stitching into it.  This is all connected top to bottom of course, the keyboard won't let me do that - ignore the top-to-bottom gaps.  So you start at the top of the diagram at #1, work 1 side of one leg, continue and work 1 side of the next leg (#2 on the diagram), then around that leg (#3) back to the crotch, and finish the last side of the first leg (#4).

4 ( ) 1

_

3 ( ) 2

Edited by Granny Square

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 5/6/2013 at 10:28 AM, darski said:

This is my May project for my Y group Calendar CAL. 

I went in this direction because we always had so many birthdays in May. :wlol

My camera could not produce the correct colours for the yarn so the swatch pics are included in the pattern.

post-4896-0-85291100-1367850328_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-92654600-1367850330_thumb.jpg

post-4896-0-92301300-1367850331_thumb.jpgpost-4896-0-73530300-1367850332_thumb.jpg

The PDF is here:

May-Birthstone.pdf 414.4 kB · 5,671 downloads

:cheerThanks for sending me this pattern I am going to work on the hat first is the hat trim just twist ties and how long are the twist ties.