Hello from Detroit

Celia

Hi everyone! I've been reading the Crochetville forums for a while and I'm finally delurking. Sad but true-- I was just too lazy to register until I needed help with a pattern!

My name is Sarah (Celia is my middle name) and I live in the Detroit metro area. I'll be 28 this month and I'm married with no kids yet (unless you want to count my 30-year-old computer geek who has more toys than any kid I know). I work in logistics and freight management.

My husband's grandma taught me to crochet about five years ago. Since then, I've done more buying yarn and starting projects than actually getting anything done!

In addition to crochet, I'll read anything I can get my hands on, and I'm an avid lover of all kinds of music. I'm a big fan of the Detroit Red Wings, and I'm still keeping the faith with my Tigers. I'm also a fan of FIA/WRC auto racing.

While I'm here I hope to make some new friends and get some advice-- and maybe even meet up with a few people in my area!

welcome to the group! Glad you finally joined instead of lurking, that way we get to know more people and talk about a great passion.. crocheting! Yippie.. maybe I should cut back on the soda at night. ok. well I hope to see you around more often!

Hi Sarah/Celia!! Welcome to Crochetville!!

I wonder where in the Detroit metro area you are - northern/southern/western suburbs?? I'm from the Royal Oak/Troy area - and there a ton of other Michiganders here, too.

I give you props for sticking with the Tig's this year - they've been a truly miserable bunch! But - at least we've got hockey back!!

Hi :waving Sarah and welcome :welcome to Crochetville.

Nice to see your not lerking:lurk anymore.

Ah I am from the land of the Bucs and Lightning.:clap

You should have a lot of fun here and get lots of ideas and help. Everyone has their own little thing they are best at.

Again, Welcome and have fun.:hook

hey from a new mexican but OG Michigander. im 28 too but i was born in Detroit, my family living in and around Hamtramck. me and my parents moved out here when i was 1 and been here ever since!! every now and then i get to go back and visit the fam, get to eat my grandma's polish cooking, go get some keilbasa, and trip out on the big city. my football team is still the Lions, and believe me i get tons of crap around here for that! i think me and my sister are the only ones that keep the faith out here in NM...but thats ok...they'll get the glory some day!!!!

Hi and :welcome from Oklahoma! I am also fairly new to the crochet world and have a 30 year old techie husband. If you walked into his study, you would really think it belonged to a 12 year old with all his computer, comic, and airplane decor.

This is such a great board, you will love it here.

Tandi

Archived