Dishcloths of 2013 ~ CAL...........

teakaycee

Jeannie--I love the different patterns you get from variegated yarns. I've only used cotton for mine, so I don't know how other yarn would work.

Debbie--very pretty--I don't think I've ever seen the inner heart done like that.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally got some pictures taken of the autumn leaves dishcloths, Linda's snowflake dishcloth, and the sunburst granny heart dishcloth.

They're all very nice!

Another 1 for Mom, she loves them. So far haven't got to keep 1 for myself, everytime I am making it she tells me the size she wants etc. I like the colors in this 1, it is as u can see a plain ole dishrag. Want to make this color in round, maybe a dishtowel with topper on it. Slow at making them, working so hard on afghans. but I do like making them. Someone tell me plz, are they nice to use if reg...for instsnce super saver yarn is used, or will fuzz get on the dishes. haven't used my red ones yet because I have been wondering. And grandaughter has taken over the ladybug dishrag anyway. I need to put a back on it and stuff it and give it to her. She wants it as is anyway, LOL!!

I love looking at you alls dishcloths, you are so very talented. i hope i will get that way some day.

Jeannie

Very pretty!  I wish I could help, but I've only used cotton for my dishcloths too.  I'd be interested in what anyone has to say about how other fibers work.

Not sure if I posted this before. Please forgive me if I did. 

So pretty!

My experience with acrylic yarn in dishcloths is that they don't absorb water as well and they take much longer to dry once they do get wet.  I much prefer cotton yarn for dish cloths.  Acrylic makes great pot holders though, I think.

Has anyone else had a different experience with acrylic dishcloths?

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my knit dishcloth. 

I finally got some pictures taken of the autumn leaves dishcloths, Linda's snowflake dishcloth, and the sunburst granny heart dishcloth.

These are great, I particularly like the autumn leaves cloths, fall is my favorite season, and I love anythi ng that reminds me of fall.

Another 1 for Mom, she loves them. So far haven't got to keep 1 for myself, everytime I am making it she tells me the size she wants etc. I like the colors in this 1, it is as u can see a plain ole dishrag. Want to make this color in round, maybe a dishtowel with topper on it. Slow at making them, working so hard on afghans. but I do like making them. Someone tell me plz, are they nice to use if reg...for instsnce super saver yarn is used, or will fuzz get on the dishes. haven't used my red ones yet because I have been wondering. And grandaughter has taken over the ladybug dishrag anyway. I need to put a back on it and stuff it and give it to her. She wants it as is anyway, LOL!!

I love looking at you alls dishcloths, you are so very talented. i hope i will get that way some day.

Jeannie

Thanks Jeannie, your dishcloth looks great!

Not sure if I posted this before. Please forgive me if I did. 

Nice work.

dishcloths I've been working on this week.  Still working on another!  

Wow, you've done lots of great looking dishcloths.

dishcloths I've been working on this week.  Still working on another!  

Very nice!

i must have started 7-8 clothes this morning and :frog them all.  i should really just stick to the two patterns i like and stop trying new ones~

Ohh, I hate when that happens.  I get my heart set on trying a new pattern or two and they don't work out.  Phooey!  I don't stop trying though!  Every once in a while I find my "new favorite" pattern that way! :lol

Got my second dishcloth done! Yay! Working on another one now.

Here's a picture of my second one.

attachicon.gif191813.jpg

Great job!!!  I finished another one the other day.  I just haven't gotten around to taking a pic of it yet.  Maybe today, although my SIL is coming for a visit for a few days and she arrives around noon, so no promises, lol!  This thread sure has been quiet lately.  Is everyone busy making snowpeople? :lol   I'm ready to plant flowers (as soon as we can see the ground again that is!)

(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`• Good Evening!!!! •¨¯`•    

WOW.......... Look at all the lovely dishcloths!!!  You guys are awesome!!!!

How was everyone this fine "very snowy" day?   I'm good.   Of course you all know its been busy here.   Boys in school... Ken in the hospital... me subbing when I get called.... chores... errands...etc.    And in all this .. .trying to squeeze in crocheting and knitting to have a little "me time"

So it snowed pretty good today...and its still coming down.... a nice steady snow ... not too much wind... which is nice!

We had a nice "Snow day" today.... wonder if we will have another one tomorrow!   Would make for a 5 day weekend if we do!

So...............I've been subbing at the elementary school this school year... and having quite a bit of fun.   I was in the copy room yesterday making copies for my small reading group and the principle popped in and just started chatting with me.   He mentioned that there would be two full time Para jobs available come April.... and wondered if I would be interested in one.   He said he has gotten quite the compliments about me around school from both students and staff.    How cool is that!!!!!   With my boys all up at the High School... and me home alone most the time... this would be the perfect job.   I only work the day the boys are in school.   And what a blessing to know I'm doing a good job.   Its funny.... I dont "need" the job.... but I am enjoying myself... and the little extra money I do make is nice!   I've been a stay at home mom for the last 16 years.  

Anyway................... wanted to share my fun news!  :)

Off to get a coffee refill and do some more crocheting and  checking out the posts on the 'ville!!!

Have a good one!

:heart

:mug

Hi Everyone!  I finally took a pic of my latest dishcloth, so I figured I'd better get on in here and post it before I forget to do that! :lol   It's called the Epic Dishcloth and it worked up really quick and easy!  I was stash busting for this cloth and I thought I had enough on the skein to make it, but, no go.  So I added some pink to it and I think it looks good.  It's just for myself, so it doesn't really matter anyway.  It's a great pattern though!
post-16860-0-53033500-1361524533_thumb.jpgpost-16860-0-53158900-1361524553_thumb.jpg

Folded                                                          Open

Hi Everyone!  I finally took a pic of my latest dishcloth, so I figured I'd better get on in here and post it before I forget to do that! :lol   It's called the Epic Dishcloth and it worked up really quick and easy!  I was stash busting for this cloth and I thought I had enough on the skein to make it, but, no go.  So I added some pink to it and I think it looks good.  It's just for myself, so it doesn't really matter anyway.  It's a great pattern though!

attachicon.gifEpic Dishcloth folded.jpgattachicon.gifEpic Dishcloth.jpg

It looks great. Love that little loop on it.

Here is one small dish cloth that I made yesterday - I've got a bit of cotton to use up (someone on one of those facebook yardsales was selling skeins for $0.50 each..)

It measures 4 1/2 inches across.   Here's the PATTERN!!  (Free on ravelry :) )

post-46820-0-92924700-1361539515_thumb.jpg

I started this last night but couldn't finish it because we lost power around 7pm and I couldn't see... Here's that PATTERN!! (Also free on Ravelry!)

post-46820-0-05513000-1361541840_thumb.jpg

Here is one small dish cloth that I made yesterday - I've got a bit of cotton to use up (someone on one of those facebook yardsales was selling skeins for $0.50 each..)

attachicon.gifDSCN0607.JPG

I started this last night but couldn't finish it because we lost power around 7pm and I couldn't see... Here's that PATTERN!! (Also free on Ravelry!)

attachicon.gifDSCN0608.JPG

Both look great! Thanks to you and Ann for including pattern links.

attachicon.gifEpic Dishcloth folded.jpgattachicon.gifEpic Dishcloth.jpg

Looks very pretty. I think the combined colors look great together. Good job!

Here's another one made just like the last one I did with the black cherry yarn!! 

Peaches & Cream Orange as the main part with some rainbow cotton as the trim. (unsure of the brand of exact color - this was gifted to me a LONG time ago!)

post-46820-0-74731400-1361643495_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCN0607.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN0608.JPG

Very nice!  Boy, that was a great deal that you got!

Both look great! Thanks to you and Ann for including pattern links.

You're welcome.  I try to remember to put the link in whenever I can. ;)

Used up almost the whole small skein of Peaches & Cream Black Cherry on this one - I love it :D

Pattern by our very own TEAKAYCEE!!

attachicon.gifDSCN0610.JPG

Nice!  I love that pattern and the coler is great!

Looks very pretty. I think the combined colors look great together. Good job!

Thank you

Here's another one made just like the last one I did with the black cherry yarn!! 

Peaches & Cream Orange as the main part with some rainbow cotton as the trim. (unsure of the brand of exact color - this was gifted to me a LONG time ago!)

attachicon.gifDSCN0624.JPG

Another nice cloth!  You've been busy !

I've been terrible at keeping up with pictures on the dishcloths.  Here is my latest, I needed a housewarming gift for my neice.  I saw the dishcloth's flowers.  Well, I just could not get it into my head on the rolling of the flowers, did it once, but couldn't do it again.  LOL

Anyway, here is what I came up with.  I used black tea cups.  Since that is what she likes.

post-17808-0-59182000-1362253524_thumb.jpg Three dishcloth's needed for this flower.

post-17808-0-09560900-1362253721_thumb.jpg  A green dishcloth for the greenery of the flower. 

post-17808-0-15848100-1362253820_thumb.jpg  Lift or fold in the center of the bundle to create the picture effect.

post-17808-0-95679300-1362253869_thumb.jpg Then put the flower into the mug.

post-17808-0-93322700-1362253930_thumb.jpg  Then just let go, it should flower out.  If not give a little fluff.

My husband loves these, he thinks they look like peony's.  Now, I just need to get them to my neice.  I made her a set.  Two mugs with 4 disheclothes each.  I'm sure she will love it.

Archived