Dishcloths of 2013 ~ CAL...........

teakaycee

Good morning! I found my way back.....no dishcloths lately, been making tons of squares for CALs and also found one I absolutely love and will be making up squares for a lapghan. In bright colors!

Have a great day all!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the kudos and Anne, great square!

kuddles

Thank you!  How's it going out your way?  I haven't paid much attention to the weather, but it's yucky out here.  Snowy, and cold! They're talking rain and Thunderstorms tomorrow!  Geesh!

>

oooOOOO pretty!

Thanks!

Ann, nice dishcloth. I made a granny cloth while the vile was down. It's not the first one I've made, but it is the first one that wasn't lopsided.

Thanks.  Congrats on the grannycloth!  All mine come out lopsided! :lol

Hi Hi................

Well... look at you kids and all the dishcloths being made!

NICE JOB!!!

I think I'm gettin' the hang of the new 'ville...... :whew

Things have been quite busy around here... slightly hectic... .so havent had the desire to really find the time to crochet.

I will though.... I'm trying to get back in the swing.

I'm working on a prayer blanket right now..... but have some cotton calling my name... :hook

:heart

:mug

Hope things calm down for you :ghug

I'm in for this year, too!  Sorry it took me so long to hop in, I haven't been spending a lot of time on the computer lately, and all of the sudden Crochetville was all different!  Good thing I like them on facebook or I might have missed the whole thing and wondered where the 'ville went!  :rofl

Everyone's cloths are absolutely gorgeous!  I like the idea of aiming for one a month (one a week would be amazing, but I know myself well enough to shoot for one a month :lol) so I will see what I can get done in the next few days so I don't start out behind... like usual... :D

Sending hugs all around... :hug

Glad you found us!

Evening kids.....................

:whew... what a day.    Good but long day.   Going in to work helps the day go by quicker so I can kind of get through not being able to visit  hubby since he's in isolation.  :(

Finally home... dinner done... fresh cup of coffee in front of me.... catching up here.... and crocheting next to me to work on!

Trying to think of some things to do for fundraising to help get some extra money to help pay for my son Patrick to go on his trip this summer.

I really need to get my hook moving and sell some crochet items.

Jessica............ Very nice dishcloths!!!!

...... bbiab!  :)

I LOVE making dishclothes! So far this year I've made 3 snowflake ones and a big stack of autumn leaves. Haven't gotten pictures yet. I want to do some hearts for Valentine's and I saw a flower spiral pattern I want to try as a dishcloth.

I LOVE making dishclothes! So far this year I've made 3 snowflake ones and a big stack of autumn leaves. Haven't gotten pictures yet. I want to do some hearts for Valentine's and I saw a flower spiral pattern I want to try as a dishcloth.

:yay.................... cant wait to see pics of your dishcloths.....

Both look great!

Evening kids.....................

:whew... what a day.    Good but long day.   Going in to work helps the day go by quicker so I can kind of get through not being able to visit  hubby since he's in isolation.  :(

Finally home... dinner done... fresh cup of coffee in front of me.... catching up here.... and crocheting next to me to work on!

Trying to think of some things to do for fundraising to help get some extra money to help pay for my son Patrick to go on his trip this summer.

I really need to get my hook moving and sell some crochet items.

Jessica............ Very nice dishcloths!!!!

...... bbiab!  :)

Thank you ladies :) 

No more crocheting for me tonight.. Just got done with some tornadic weather - roof blown off our barn, trailer swayed REALLY bad, the boys' trampoline gone missing & their swingset is gone also. Time for bed!! 

No more crocheting for me tonight.. Just got done with some tornadic weather - roof blown off our barn, trailer swayed REALLY bad, the boys' trampoline gone missing & their swingset is gone also. Time for bed!! 

wow, that's scary!  I'm so glad that you and your family are safe!

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ 

:snow hope all is well with everyone this fine snowy morning.................  

School was cancelled for us today... so the boys got to sleep in and no subbing for me.

So................... I'm going to spend some serious time with my hook and yarn today!!!!  :hook

Haven't made any since the first one. Busy making my son a granny throw for his 13th birthday per his request to match the scarf I made him for winter last year.  oooh... dont forget to share a pic of your sons afghan!   :)   We like show and share!

No more crocheting for me tonight.. Just got done with some tornadic weather - roof blown off our barn, trailer swayed REALLY bad, the boys' trampoline gone missing & their swingset is gone also. Time for bed!!   Oh hon.................... how scary!!!  Glad you're okay!!!!  :hug

So glad your family is safe. We were lucky here and just got 1 1/2" rain and some fairly strong winds all evening. Tornadoes and straight line winds are very scary!

Jessica - so glad you all are okay!  All those that were in the path of those storms yesterday/last night were on my mind.  The tornado sirens were going off all evening in my home town.  As far as I know there was no real damage for anyone in my family.

I'm so glad that nobody in your family was hurt.  Trampolines and barn roofs can be replaced.  Family can't be.

This is the dishcloth I knit using the granny's dishcloth pattern from Tams blog. I've knit the same dishcloth quite a few times before, since the pattern is the one my mil taught me, and its all over the Internet as well. However I never added the row of straight knitting in the middle. This one is nearly square, which is a first for me. Maybe that extra row made the difference ( or else my knitting is really improving!) ????

post-6189-0-47739500-1359817521_thumb.jpg

This is the dishcloth I knit using the granny's dishcloth pattern from Tams blog. I've knit the same dishcloth quite a few times before, since the pattern is the one my mil taught me, and its all over the Internet as well. However I never added the row of straight knitting in the middle. This one is nearly square, which is a first for me. Maybe that extra row made the difference ( or else my knitting is really improving!)

Cindy that came out Great!!! 

That is such a popular pattern!  My Aunt taught me that one when I was 8yrs old... been making them ever since!  

I have to say that extra row of knit in the center seems to be the one difference in my grandmas pattern from most of all the rest.   So with that and the fact that you have been getting more confident... your knitting is looking fabulous!  

Now Cindy... keep in mind........... if you take this same pattern........ use needles with the cable so you have the length... you can knit a baby blanket :knit  

again.... great job on the dish cloth!!! 

Tam, I considered the blanket idea, but I don't want to put all that work into something that probably won't be nice and square. I did wonder if the idea could be adapted to a scarf. I'm thinking that once you get to the desired width, a row of straight knitting, followed by an increase row in one direction and a decrease row in the other direction would work. Then a row of straight knitting followed by decreases to finish. I think it would make a nice scarf because the borders look nice and the garter stitch would be nice and flat.

Tam, I considered the blanket idea, but I don't want to put all that work into something that probably won't be nice and square. I did wonder if the idea could be adapted to a scarf. I'm thinking that once you get to the desired width, a row of straight knitting, followed by an increase row in one direction and a decrease row in the other direction would work. Then a row of straight knitting followed by decreases to finish. I think it would make a nice scarf because the borders look nice and the garter stitch would be nice and flat.

Maybe practice on doll blankets or premie blankets before going all out on a bigger blanket.

But yes... you could use this idea for a scarf... and its so warm!!!!!   Look at you... :knit!

This is the dishcloth I knit using the granny's dishcloth pattern from Tams blog. I've knit the same dishcloth quite a few times before, since the pattern is the one my mil taught me, and its all over the Internet as well. However I never added the row of straight knitting in the middle. This one is nearly square, which is a first for me. Maybe that extra row made the difference ( or else my knitting is really improving!)

Looks great!  I've been meaning to give that pattern a try.  Now I have the motivation to do it!  Hmmm, what color do I want????

Another 1 for Mom, she loves them. So far haven't got to keep 1 for myself, everytime I am making it she tells me the size she wants etc. I like the colors in this 1, it is as u can see a plain ole dishrag. Want to make this color in round, maybe a dishtowel with topper on it. Slow at making them, working so hard on afghans. but I do like making them. Someone tell me plz, are they nice to use if reg...for instsnce super saver yarn is used, or will fuzz get on the dishes. haven't used my red ones yet because I have been wondering. And grandaughter has taken over the ladybug dishrag anyway. I need to put a back on it and stuff it and give it to her. She wants it as is anyway, LOL!!

I love looking at you alls dishcloths, you are so very talented. i hope i will get that way some day.

Jeannie

post-65480-0-44681200-1360301576_thumb.jpg

Archived