Dishcloths of 2013 ~ CAL...........

teakaycee

Here is dishcloth I've been playing around with.  I'm working on a Snowflake afghan, I just love the patten.  So I thought it would be super to make some dishcloth's with this pattern.  Here is one so far.

post-17808-0-30386700-1362254257_thumb.jpg

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been terrible at keeping up with pictures on the dishcloths.  Here is my latest, I needed a housewarming gift for my neice.  I saw the dishcloth's flowers.  Well, I just could not get it into my head on the rolling of the flowers, did it once, but couldn't do it again.  LOL

Anyway, here is what I came up with.  I used black tea cups.  Since that is what she likes.

attachicon.gif3dishcloths.jpg Three dishcloth's needed for this flower.

attachicon.gifgreen.jpg  A green dishcloth for the greenery of the flower. 

attachicon.gifdishclothbundle.jpg  Lift or fold in the center of the bundle to create the picture effect.

attachicon.giffinishtheflower.jpg Then put the flower into the mug.

attachicon.gifcover.jpg  Then just let go, it should flower out.  If not give a little fluff.

My husband loves these, he thinks they look like peony's.  Now, I just need to get them to my neice.  I made her a set.  Two mugs with 4 disheclothes each.  I'm sure she will love it.

What a cute idea.  did a dishcloth bouquet last eyar for my sister in law, but I did four dishcloths in one mug.  Two would ahve been nicer for a gift, one for her, one for my brother in law.

Here is dishcloth I've been playing around with.  I'm working on a Snowflake afghan, I just love the patten.  So I thought it would be super to make some dishcloth's with this pattern.  Here is one so far.

attachicon.gifSnowflakedish.jpg

very pretty.  I never rt much thought, but making a dishcloth would be a good way to try out a square pattern.

• 4 weeks later...

Imagine my great pleasure when I found some cotton yarn in my stash that I was given so long ago that I don't remember when it was given to me. I don't even remember who gave it to me (my Mom maybe?).  I just know I didn't buy it...

Anywhoooo...  I put my newly found yarn to good use and made a couple dishcloths for a Melinda Miller CAL on ravelry. I enjoyed making both of them so much!

post-62102-0-95044700-1364301363_thumb.jpg

Ann, your dishcloths are so pretty!  I'm also using some scrap cotton yarn that I found a couple weeks ago.  I have no idea who gave it to me or when I received it, but I was SO excited when I found it in my stash of yarn.  LOL

I'm looking forward to finding out what the new patterns are going to be tomorrow!  :)

Cristel and Anne, your dishcloths are so pretty. I've made Melinda Miller's Alwine dishcloth several times, and really like its textures printed off the pretty scallops dishcloth to try. I have a big popcorn tin full of cotton yarn, and I'm pretty sure there is more hidden away in my sewing room as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Ann ~~~ I love your dishcloths! I am currently working on Audra's Dishcloth. (I got a little bit behind, due to some other projects that need completion. I have a question about Cup 'O Joe, though. How did you get yours to look so nice? Even after three or four tries, I couldn't get the decreases to work at the bottom. I have the zig-zag, but ended up just making the dishcloth a square since I couldn't get the decreases to work.

You did such a great job on all of them! Which one was your favorite to make? My favorite so far is the Alwine's Dishcloth. It was so quick to make and I love the way it looks.

Nice projects Ann! You are all set for weeks of dishes!

Thank you, hubby is all set for weeks of dishes! ;)

Ann--all are so pretty. I am inspired to get my cotton out.

Thank you.  It has been a lot of fun making these.

Ann ~~~ I love your dishcloths! I am currently working on Audra's Dishcloth. (I got a little bit behind, due to some other projects that need completion. I have a question about Cup 'O Joe, though. How did you get yours to look so nice? Even after three or four tries, I couldn't get the decreases to work at the bottom. I have the zig-zag, but ended up just making the dishcloth a square since I couldn't get the decreases to work.

You did such a great job on all of them! Which one was your favorite to make? My favorite so far is the Alwine's Dishcloth. It was so quick to make and I love the way it looks.

Thanks!  I did have troubled with Cup O' Joe and wasn't happy with the way is was laying.  Somehow, I think it was like my third try, I just decided to leave it since it didn't seem too bad and the sc border around the whole thing tightened it up.  I wish that I could tell you more, but unfrotunately I didn't take good notes when doing this one. :(

2013-03-15112716.jpg

Very stretchy dish cloth done in single crochet working in alternating front and back stitch. adding a sc to each row till you are half way through the decreasing a sc in each row

I like the colors you chose. I've made dishcloths from the same pattern, but mine turned out very lopsided. Yours look so much nicer than mine did.

• 3 weeks later...

Forget to post in here. I finished a dishcloth yesterday that I am making for my mother-in-law for mothers' day. I am working on another currently as well. Hopefully I can get pictures of them before i give them to her to post in here. Currently i am only at 8 for the year. been working on other projects.

• 2 weeks later...

2013-03-15112716.jpg

Very stretchy dish cloth done in single crochet working in alternating front and back stitch. adding a sc to each row till you are half way through the decreasing a sc in each row

Very nice!  I love the colors you used!!!

Forget to post in here. I finished a dishcloth yesterday that I am making for my mother-in-law for mothers' day. I am working on another currently as well. Hopefully I can get pictures of them before i give them to her to post in here. Currently i am only at 8 for the year. been working on other projects.

I forget too, lol, not that I've been making many dishcloths lately.  I've been finding it a struggle to post any of my projects since we switched to this new format.  Things just aren't coming as easy for me...

Here are some dishcloth and hot pad sets finished over the last couple of weeks.

Oh, very nice!  I love that star pattern.  I've been meaning to make it, but it just never happens, lol.  I love the fish too!  They are both on my "to do" list.

Archived