Getting Started on Gifts for 2013

judianne

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooo cute, Bailey! I know all about losing steam. I recently made this angel bookmark as a thank you.....I also needed a break from my bear graph ghan!

It's a free pattern from Marlo's Crochet Corner

Very nice.

OK - so it's May. Quite late to get started on the long list of Christmas gifts I've assembled o_O, but I'm jumping in! My list for 2013:

Mom: Dolphin Doily

Because she LOVES dolphins

Gretchen: 5-Star Pillow

Not completely set on this one - may change

DeAnn: Lorelei Shawl

Suits her personality

Heidi: Tiamat Shawlette DONE 5/25!

She's a hard one - I think she'll like this as she's a throwback hippie sort ;-)

Christel: Triangle Cowl DONE 5/24!

New college student, lots of walking between classes. I think this will come in handy in cold weather for her.

Dad & Julian: Fisherman Aran Vest

Best I could come up with. Men are so hard! Julian loves to deep-sea fish, so I figured he could wear it out on the ocean. Dad is always cold due to dialysis, so I thought this would help keep him warm after treatments.

Erika: Raccoon Scarf

She lives in the toolies and had to trap and relocate a raccoon. There's a really funny story here.

Cristina: Fox Scarf

Because she's on the prowl for a new man. I wish I could have found a coyote scarf :D

Kim: Panda Scarf

Religiously watches the Panda-cam at the San Diego Zoo website.

Kathy: Lion Scarf

This one is a stab and may change.

Elisabeth: Acorn Owl Poncho

I thought this was perfect for a drama queen with its vibrant 'in your face' colors

Otto: Starship Uniform

Sweetest 11-year old boy I've ever met. Has just discovered Star Trek!

Jean: Haven't decided yet

This one is going to take some thought since she also crochets and knits...

Jennifer (hairdresser) & Kim (pedicurist): Aromatherapy Eye Pillow

I thought these were sweet gifts to hand out to them for gifts.

I'm sure I'm forgetting someone, so I fully expect this list to grow. Wish me luck!

~ Mini

Mini, what wonderful patterns!! Some are so unusual...they're going to be  a hit! The one I really love is the dolphin, in fact I love many of the doilies on that site and saved it!

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Mini, what wonderful patterns!! Some are so unusual...they're going to be  a hit! The one I really love is the dolphin, in fact I love many of the doilies on that site and saved it!

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Thank you Judy! I'm about 80% done with the Triangle Cowl. Hope to finish tonight so I can block tomorrow ;-)

I've been thinking about gifts lately. Most people on my list aren't really into crocheted stuff. I do think I have some ideas for a few people on my list.

Nana and Sue- some kind of scarf or cowl no idea what pattern

Sister and Katie- probably washcloths and facecloths

None crochet I will probably do some jewelry.

I've been thinking about gifts lately. Most people on my list aren't really into crocheted stuff. I do think I have some ideas for a few people on my list.

Good luck picking patterns...I'm terrible at deciding those things!

I finished the Triangle Cowl and am blocking - will post pic when dry.

Next up - Tiamat Shawl :)

WTG!

• 2 months later...

Good Morning!

I know it's been awhile since I have posted & this posting is a little old but I figured I might bring it back alive again maybe? Anyways here is what I am planning so far:

DH grandmother: Afghan

My moms' mom: Afghan

My dads' mom: Afghan

My oldest SIL: Jacket w/ attached scarf

My youngest SIL: jackey

Niece: Not sure yet

Oldest Nephew: Maybe a hat or blanket?

Youngest nephew: Stuffed animal (he is as austisim so I want it to be simple)

Son: Stuffed thing in favorite character

Hubby: Don't know yet

My mother: a plastic keepsake church

I am still planning some of these gifts so bear w/ me.

Meli

I know how you feel! I have a huge family on both of mine & my husbands' family. So, we just do our extreme immediates for the most part. I like to crochet but it is so hard to pick what people will like.

• 1 month later...

I don't have much in mind to crochet this year. I did sooo much last year (8+ stockings, Santa pillow, kleenex box cover, plus more I know I'm forgetting..) that I think I burned myself out. And most everyone I know doesn't want anything crocheted. I do want to crochet a "Paw" stocking for our new puppy Duke, though. This is his first Christmas. Although he will be almost six months by Christmas time. I might add some more as I go along..

Count me in on this. I've parsed down the huge lists from the past into just two things right now. I just have so much to do with my toddler running amok and my friend's toddler running around and her 7 year old at times along with the new baby just weeks away from making his own appearance. Anyway my list is just a pale pink and purple scarf for the 7 year old I mentioned and my little boy's blanket. I know I'm suppose to have those done before they are born but oh well!

Leya - pale pink and purple scarf

Jensen - baby green basket stitch throw blanket 

Count me in on this. I've parsed down the huge lists from the past into just two things right now. I just have so much to do with my toddler running amok and my friend's toddler running around and her 7 year old at times along with the new baby just weeks away from making his own appearance. Anyway my list is just a pale pink and purple scarf for the 7 year old I mentioned and my little boy's blanket. I know I'm suppose to have those done before they are born but oh well!

Leya - pale pink and purple scarf

Jensen - baby green basket stitch throw blanket 

Welcome!

Those projects sound beautiful! ...and much more than I would be able to even think of accomplishing in your position! :lol

Looking forward to seeing a pic of the new little one as well as pics of your projects!

Great list.  I'm finally getting back to working on projects again.  I have to get some stuff posted, but I'm back working on my doll projects.  Those Christmas donations are coming due in just a few short months!!!!

I discovered yesterday that working on his blanket helps me to stay awake while watching the dinosaur so this is going to be a huge help! I also realized I had a pale purple scarf made up awhile ago for myself that I never quite finished. Well, it's done but the ends aren't weaved and it needs a bit of finishing and to see if I can get this one random spot out. If I can get that stain out, I figure I'll add a pink edging and some fringe and BAM! second gift made. 

I discovered yesterday that working on his blanket helps me to stay awake while watching the dinosaur so this is going to be a huge help! I also realized I had a pale purple scarf made up awhile ago for myself that I never quite finished. Well, it's done but the ends aren't weaved and it needs a bit of finishing and to see if I can get this one random spot out. If I can get that stain out, I figure I'll add a pink edging and some fringe and BAM! second gift made. 

Crochet a flower and attach it to the scarf!

Holy cow! It's Sept. and I haven't started on my presents yet! I think it will be a mad dash to the finish line this year. Not sure what I'm making everyone yet but I know I'm going to make a couple ghans. I found this cute blanket that looks l like a town with roads and stuff on it. I'm thinking I have to make that for my little nephews. I am also planning on making my MIL an afghan. Beyond those I haven't come up with much! I'll have to think about it some more. I have a ravelry favorite list with tons of ideas though.

Holy cow! It's Sept. and I haven't started on my presents yet! I think it will be a mad dash to the finish line this year. Not sure what I'm making everyone yet but I know I'm going to make a couple ghans. I found this cute blanket that looks l like a town with roads and stuff on it. I'm thinking I have to make that for my little nephews. I am also planning on making my MIL an afghan. Beyond those I haven't come up with much! I'll have to think about it some more. I have a ravelry favorite list with tons of ideas though.

That roads ghan sounds cute!! Better get moving, though :lol

Some ladies make a chart or spread sheet type of thing so they know how much they need to accomplish before C day!

Here's the link to the roads ghan. I'm so excited to do this one!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/roadway-throw-red-heart

Then I'll do these little ami toys for my baby niece.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pond-friends-stacking-toy

I'm in love with this pattern but I'm not sure who to make it for. Maybe my older niece? Maybe it'll have to wait until after Christmas.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/vortex-throw--pillows

I know that there are going to be some snowflakes flying around the tree skirt. I have some done I just need to get them starched.

Here's the link to the roads ghan. I'm so excited to do this one!

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/roadway-throw-red-heart

That's an adorable gift for a little boy!

Then I'll do these little ami toys for my baby niece.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/pond-friends-stacking-toy

This one really made me smile!

I'm in love with this pattern but I'm not sure who to make it for. Maybe my older niece? Maybe it'll have to wait until after Christmas.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/vortex-throw--pillows

Wow....you must have great eyes! This would give me vertigo :lol 

I know that there are going to be some snowflakes flying around the tree skirt. I have some done I just need to get them starched.

I've used spray starch for thread pieces...will you be able to share pics when done?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived