Getting Started on Gifts for 2013

judianne

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today we have the first in what is currently a set of three and needs to expand to a set of 4 when I finish the ami swap.  One of the advantages of making so much of the Easter stuff is I'm not beholden to the stores getting the stuff out before my deadline.  It's been slow here and there has not been much that screamed to be put in the box so far.  Each of the 4 bunnies is from the same pattern set, but like most families they are all a bit different.

Sweetie Bunny

Today we have the first in what is currently a set of three and needs to expand to a set of 4 when I finish the ami swap.  One of the advantages of making so much of the Easter stuff is I'm not beholden to the stores getting the stuff out before my deadline.  It's been slow here and there has not been much that screamed to be put in the box so far.  Each of the 4 bunnies is from the same pattern set, but like most families they are all a bit different.

Sweetie Bunny

Awww....she made me smile!

Thanks.  I finished the last bunny in the set today.  I have to get it photographed and posted.  I mailed my ami swap package today.  So, I am pushing to finish my Easter projects and the April Fool's b-day presents.  I am working on the last of the Three Pig's finger puppet homes and then I have to make a Magic Hat with Rabbit.  I have a request for another local bunny, but I have some working time since I don't have to mail him for Easter.  I want to get the Easter stuff in the mail by this weekend and the birthday stuff next week.

I was rushing to get the projects finished and I'll get the last of them posted this week.  I actually started this project before Christmas and then it got sidelined when I knew I wouldn't need it until Easter.  Then of course I'm rushing to finish the pieces as the last minute.  DH got the box mailed this morning.

Three Little Pigs Finger Puppets

This is the last bunny in that set I was talking about.  This one had a hard time making it into the box.  DH wants one for his office.  I finally finished the magician's hat that has to be mailed this week if it's going to make it in time for an April Fool's birthday.  I'm trying to finish up a play food steak dinner.  I finished the baked potato a while back.  Last night I made a couple of sliced carrots and peas.  I'm going to try to tackle the steak and the veggies for a kabob today.

Green Eyed Bunny

How are everyone's projects coming?   DH's green eyed bunny headed off to work with the Easter ami's this morning.  I'm hoping to finish more of the Avenger bunnys as a break for the American Girl doll thread hippy dress.  It's coming along nicely, but I find the thread is a bit harder on my hands even with the bigger bamboo handles.  I have to get that done for a May birthday.  I have another outfit set I want to finish, too.

Bailey, your projects look great. I had big plans to make crocheted food for my second grandson a couple of years ago, but I never got to it, and he's outgrown the interest in them now.

I made a box and donated it for Christmas toy drive at the local tech high school last year.  It was a huge hit.  The woman had to take it out and show everyone how the hamburger went together. :lol  :lol

Wow! You have all been very busy! I forgot about this thread until I saw it on the "new content" list today  :2blush

Anyway, I have started on a gift for my sister for Christmas. She wants Swiffer covers (she saw them on pinterest) 

So far I have made three plain ones. I am planning on making a 'loopy' one (maybe two).

That way she will have one plain for each bathroom and two loopy ones for the kitchen and living areas. (her house is wood floors).

I also made a small mesh bag to put them in between uses/washings.

She wants them all in white cotton so she can bleach them. Fortunately Michaels had the Peaches and creme on sale for 99 cents last week.

So I should get the whole gift done for under $10.

Is this ok? Or is this a weird gift?

Wow! You have all been very busy! I forgot about this thread until I saw it on the "new content" list today  :2blush

Anyway, I have started on a gift for my sister for Christmas. She wants Swiffer covers (she saw them on pinterest) 

So far I have made three plain ones. I am planning on making a 'loopy' one (maybe two).

That way she will have one plain for each bathroom and two loopy ones for the kitchen and living areas. (her house is wood floors).

I also made a small mesh bag to put them in between uses/washings.

She wants them all in white cotton so she can bleach them. Fortunately Michaels had the Peaches and creme on sale for 99 cents last week.

So I should get the whole gift done for under $10.

Is this ok? Or is this a weird gift?

I think this is a great gift, and the mesh bag idea is the icing on the cake.  And since this is what your sister wants, how can you go wrong?

Archived